02 Acura MDX and Lubeguard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called Lubegard and asked them the same exact thing on my 03 Odyssey. They said the red is best for most applications. The Platinum was made as more of a "Universal fluid" so shops only have to stock one bottle.

I'd bet that if you keep doing what you are doing w/o the lubeguard, your tranny will out live you.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
I'd bet that if you keep doing what you are doing w/o the lubeguard, your tranny will out live you.

True, the newer highly friction modified fluids like T-IV are fine with nothing. Reds best for older fluids like Dex III ...But I still give my T-IV tranny a splash...seems to make the fluid stay rosy red longer. maybe psychological. shifting..cant tell. Definitely can with the dex III corolla.

Thanks for the input, I am still debating if I should use it. Just as extra insurance but for now the Maxlife is serving me well versus Z1 or DW1. I wonder how much of a difference will I feel with Lubeguard Red.

Originally Posted By: TedSexington
Thanks for the input, I am still debating if I should use it. Just as extra insurance but for now the Maxlife is serving me well versus Z1 or DW1. I wonder how much of a difference will I feel with Lubeguard Red.

Quote:
I wonder how much of a difference will I feel with Lubeguard Red.

Lighter in the wallet.

I had been using the Maxlife without the LG red, it is a great ATF. But honestly it did smooth shifts out when I added the LG red, maybe not a lot and maybe it is marginal. But just sharing my experience I suppose it did lighten my wallet 9 dollars seems like cheap insurance IDK my .02....... on a side note ill be taking my 4EAT into the 200k atf club in the next year so guess somethings working

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back