Home

Meprolight Night Sights

Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

Meprolight Night Sights - 04/09/20 10:06 PM

I have these night sights on my 2 LE trade in 1.0 M&P .40's. One was made in 2015, the other, 2016. The sights are extremely bright. And, they have a 12 year warranty.
Other than getting them when you bought a LE trade in, did you install some on your M&P? If so, why did you choose Meprolight?
Posted By: CarbonSteel

Re: Meprolight Night Sights - 04/09/20 10:12 PM

My M&P's are wearing Truglo tritium sights, but I have used Meprolights on SIG pistols in the past. They still glowed after 15 years but had dimmed somewhat. No problems with them at any point.

Fairly certain that HK VP9 and VP9SK factory night sights are Meprolights.
Posted By: Marco620

Re: Meprolight Night Sights - 04/09/20 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
My M&P's are wearing Truglo tritium sights, but I have used Meprolights on SIG pistols in the past. They still glowed after 15 years but had dimmed somewhat. No problems with them at any point.

Fairly certain that HK VP9 and VP9SK factory night sights are Meprolights.


HK is meprolights made in Israel! Good stuff too. Right now I'm on the serrated rears blacked out and front sights only.
Posted By: ctechbob

Re: Meprolight Night Sights - 04/09/20 11:15 PM

I used to choose Meprilite over Trijicon simply because at the time, Trijicon painted the white around the tubes whereas Meprolite used white plastic that held up better over time.

These days I use the Glock brand night sights. No idea where they come from, but they are good value (If you own a Glock that is)
Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

Re: Meprolight Night Sights - 04/10/20 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by ctechbob
I used to choose Meprilite over Trijicon simply because at the time, Trijicon painted the white around the tubes whereas Meprolite used white plastic that held up better over time.

These days I use the Glock brand night sights. No idea where they come from, but they are good value (If you own a Glock that is)


Not a Glock owner here.
Posted By: WhyMe

Re: Meprolight Night Sights - 04/10/20 05:38 AM

i bought a brand new glock 19 in 1989 and had meprolights installed . used it for a few years and then put it away. after 20 years i pulled it out to clean and check . Checked to see f there was still any glow to the sight. even after 20 years there was still some. not like new of course, but still enough to see in a dark room.

always prefered mep instead of trig because of the circles ad stated by another post.
Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

Re: Meprolight Night Sights - 04/11/20 12:37 PM

I have never been a night sight fan. I figure if you're going to take time to adjust your aim at the bad person at night with night sights, you're going to be a GONE PECAN! The night sights were already on my M&P's when I bought them. I think they do help your aim at night, but as I stated earlier in my comment, you will be gone before you have time to sight up the bad guy. I'm not going to go out of my way to remove them. They are very useful during daytime hours. Not glowing of course, but for a great aiming sight.
Posted By: hatt

Re: Meprolight Night Sights - 04/11/20 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
I have never been a night sight fan. I figure if you're going to take time to adjust your aim at the bad person at night with night sights, you're going to be a GONE PECAN! The night sights were already on my M&P's when I bought them. I think they do help your aim at night, but as I stated earlier in my comment, you will be gone before you have time to sight up the bad guy. I'm not going to go out of my way to remove them. They are very useful during daytime hours. Not glowing of course, but for a great aiming sight.

Night sights allow you to see your sights at night. That's a nice feature. I'm not sure why night sights would slow you down at night vs no sights.
Posted By: bsmithwins

Re: Meprolight Night Sights - 04/11/20 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
I have never been a night sight fan. I figure if you're going to take time to adjust your aim at the bad person at night with night sights, you're going to be a GONE PECAN! The night sights were already on my M&P's when I bought them. I think they do help your aim at night, but as I stated earlier in my comment, you will be gone before you have time to sight up the bad guy. I'm not going to go out of my way to remove them. They are very useful during daytime hours. Not glowing of course, but for a great aiming sight.


Sight use is situational. If you’re at bad breath range grossly pointing a pistol and firing is the correct action. If your 30 feet away down a hallway you need your sights to hit.

In the dark it’s easy to get into a situation where your target is silhouetted. Without night sights you might not be able to see how your pistol is oriented against a dark background.

BSW
© 2020 Bob Is The Oil Guy