M1 5w-20 / ~6,600K miles / 5.7L HEMI Charger RT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the analysis looks great. The metal wearing is starting to show a lowering trend. I used a Wix filter during the 6,600 miles. I used a PureOne filter during the first two analysis. I think the Wix filter gave me better results.
banana.gif

uoaht2.jpg

Is this the M1, 5w-20 on all three runs? If so it would appear the additive chemistry has changed, or there has been significant additive depletion in this last sample. Specifically, there is no boron left and the Ca level is much lower than before. I certainly wouldn't run this oil longer than 7k miles, based on the last set of data.

The #'s look fine, but I'm puzzled by the change in additive chemistry.

TS

The numbers look really good and should continue to trend down. I agree with TS though. I would not even think about extending this OCI until the 5W20 M1 EP comes out!You might try M1EP 5W30 and see how it does!

It seems to me that when Mobil 1 is sampled there always seems to be unusual wear of some type or the oil has thinned a great deal. I like to change oil often so I use conventional oil most of the year and synthetic oil in the wintertime because synthetic flows easier. I think I will stick with Mobil 1 only for the wintertime.

Yes... I used M1 5w-20 since day 1 for this car.

Analysis #1: M1 5w-20 with PureOne Oil Filter
Analysis #2: M1 5w-20 with PureOne Oil Filter
Analysis #3: M1 5w-20 with Wix Oil Filter

Hemi seems to be producing very low wear with any oil. I wonder how many miles people are getting out this engine?

Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning
The numbers look really good and should continue to trend down. I agree with TS though. I would not even think about extending this OCI until the 5W20 M1 EP comes out!You might try M1EP 5W30 and see how it does!

No, the MDS HEMI is suposed to use a 20 weight only.

Anything higher and the MDS will no function properly.

Originally Posted By: Al
How come you keep dragging up these old posts Buster? :) Bored? :)

Bored and checking out the Hemi. We've had a few Hemi reports lately.
wink.gif

This is a great example of the changing M1 additive package. M1 used to use over 3k ppm of Ca, 260 ppm of Boron. Ca is very low not so they must being using something else for a detergent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back