FLEETGUARD! Looks Good! Any Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fyi

Quote:

On May 9, Fleetguard Inc. became Cummins Filtration to reflect our relationship with our parent company, Cummins Inc. Our new name provides a unique opportunity for our global customers to leverage the value and dependability of the Cummins name and to strengthen our brand name around the world.[/quote/

First off, I went to the thread on who makes what, and I couldn't find FLEETGUARD.
confused.gif

My app., was for a Ford Crown Vic, Police Interceptor. The FG3681 replaces the MC820...

The filter has 8 perfectly round inlets, not like the MotorCraft or PureOne filters.

The canister strength is AWESOME!
wink.gif
As good as a Mobil/K&N!

The shipping did the most damage. The cost of the filter was close to $5! A bargin for this show of quality...

I have never seen a Wix with a dome end bypass. I know for sure the Wix 51515 has a threaded end bypass, along with a few others I have seen.

The Fleetguard does seem to be very well constructed and you can get a synthetic media for the Ford FL1A application. Only thing I did not like about the Fleetguard was the bypass valve is in the dome end of the can (last time I looked a year or so ago) and I prefer the Ford style threaded end bypass. If you like big round holes, check out the Wix filter. I believe it is every bit as good as Fleetguard and has big round holes, the threaded end bypass, and costs about the same as a Fleetguard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back