what is german castrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing about German Castrol but I have no idea what it is and where to buy it in Canada!

what is so special about this oil that regular GTX doesnt provide?

German Castrol, or GC, is an oil produced by Castrol, it comes in 0W-30 and is sold along with other american made syntecs in Walmarts and Canadian Tire in Canada. Do a search if you want much more info on it.

Have you tried searching the archives? Almost every other thread on this forum is about GC.

For starters, GTX is a mineral oil. German Castrol Syntec 0w-30 is a synthetic oil.

rolleyes.gif
Your getting Quibble and Bits. For some reason Castrol made their 0/30 Syntec oil in Germany sent it over here in a lookalike bottle. You can find the pictures on this site if you look so bottom line it seems to be superior to its Syntec in other weights but I doubt if Castrol will say that. If it weren't for this site I would have never known about it so if it fits your need then try it and you will join a group so set on the Green Elixer they cry when anyone uses anything else.
wink.gif

well, we only offered bits of the whole picture since this oil has been discussed many a times before and its best if he brings up some of the older threads to find out every little thing about the oil
cool.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Gene K:

quote:

Originally posted by SSDude:

quote:

Originally posted by cweed:
German Castrol, or GC, is an oil produced by Castrol, it comes in 0W-30 and is sold along with other american made syntecs in Walmarts and Canadian Tire in Canada. Do a search if you want much more info on it.

In addition to the comments above you should also know that it is sold at AutoZone in the U.S. German Castrol is the green elixir of car life. It is the king of the oils.

NO! NO! NO!
nono.gif

German Castrol is the Queen of Oils!

Mobil Delvac 1 is the King!

I know for a fact that Delvac 1 is the queen of oils. She had an appointment with her gynecologist today!!!
shocked.gif

Gene

Where's pscholte on this one? I'd have thought this thread would draw him in like a moth to the flame!
fruit.gif

What is the big deal about GC? Is it due to the fact it took the Germans to make a "real" synthetic oil for Castrol,unlike the dino SYNTEC? Ive never seen the stuff.What does it do for a motor that any other synthetic oil cant? Come on people,is this stuff the best thing since sliced bread?

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back