best wax for new car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought 06 aerio sx, would like to know which wax is best for red car,and how often to wax it. thanks

Well..... define "best" for us and maybe we can offer a few suggestions.

I could throw out all kinds of wax brands but it's hard to give good advice when I don't know what is important to you.

Help us help you.

Thanks!!

I'm in favor of a polymer sealant like Klasse or Zaino. Wax can be applied over it, if so desired.

I agree, use a two step sealant for longer lasting protection(8 months). I used the Klasse products on our new Jetta and I'm very happy. Very easy to use and a little goes a long way.

I would start off with claying, maybe even spot claying, then use a paint cleaner like ColorX or klasse AIO, topped with whatever floats your boat.

Re apply the "wax" when the beads start to get bigger, and use the paint cleaner product 2x a year along with clay.

Clay, Klasse-AIO, 2x Klasse Sealant.
One week later: 2x Natty's Blue
One week after that: 2x Collinite/FK1 Pink Wax

liquid glass. i am extremely pleased with the results on my car. i hear rejex and zaino are just as good, but i have no experience with them.

My liver STILL quivers with unadulterated delight when I gaze upon the conveyance whose outter-most components have been slathered with two, yes-count them, two applications of the chemical concoction referred to here and elsewhere by the tradename Liquid Glass.

Local availability and its easy-to-applyness and easy-to-wipe-offness assures I will continue to caress the conveyance with the product two-to-three times yearly so as to maintain maximum protection from all that the environment spews upon my machine.

If you're looking for a long lasting wax then I would suggest Collinite 845 Insulator wax. IF you want a sealant then Four Star's Ultimate Paint Protection is pretty good. And if you want something you can find at Walmart, Advance Auto, Autozone, etc then I would suggest one of the following: Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss, Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax, or Mother's Synwax. They can last a month so as long as you are willing to put in the effort of rewaxing once every month then you'll be fine with the OTC stuff. Also as someone suggested use clay and if you want the best looking finish possible use a swirl mark remover to remove swirls first and clean the paint. Good luck.

Also I would suggest visiting Autopia

Consumer reports rated NuFinish the best for new cars since it is not a polish and contains no abrasives. Its about $5 at wally world . Look for the orange bottle. It lasted longest and thru the most car washes acording to consumer reports. The price is great also.

I like my 3m series wax - its thicker and puts a smoother coat that looks deeper than my meguiars gold class, but also doesnt last as long (at least with the seemingly super thick and rich deep coat).

I didnt realize that polishes shouldnt be used on new finishes... oops...

I have read a lot about claying a new car... oops on that one also... Oh well.

We talk about mixing oils, what about mixing waxes, like putting on 3M one time, Meguiars another time and NuFinish another.

JMH

claying a new car is common, especially in the north. I got my '99 ss new with a ton of raildust on it, which I had to use a claybar to remove to do a good first wax job. Depends where the car has been before the dealer and if the dealer does any prep to it before you get it. I had requested no prep on mine, and there was a transporter strike at the time so the car sat for a month in NJ before I got it. what a pita that was.
Same for polishes, just because it's new doesn't mean it's perfect and does not need polish. Not using a polish or swirl remover applies to new finishes when the paint/clear has just been applied and not fully cured. When you get a new car from the dealer this almost always does not apply as it is fully cured by the time you get it.

I have poorboy's / natty's pastewax, not the blue, and like it. It lasts a good 3 months easy and more; the car wash soap has a lot to do with it also though. I would give a thumb up to any poorboy's product, if you're looking for a one-step longer lasting then I would go with their EX-P sealant or EX w/carnuba over the blue pastewax.

quote:

We talk about mixing oils, what about mixing waxes, like putting on 3M one time, Meguiars another time and NuFinish another.

they have additive clash and form sludge and varnish
grin.gif

the nuts over at autopia claim to do it all the time, actually one right after the other like a coat of nu-finish first for it's protection followed by a coat of carnuba for extra depth and shine. The most common is using a glaze on a clean finish followed by paste wax to give the most depth and shine. Or a sealant like klasse followed by carnuba like pinnacle.

Since my post i waxed car with tw platnum.It gave a nice deep shine,but got a good deal on some klasse a.i.o on ebay.Is it okay to put the klasse on over the tw?

Any idea how good Prestone Super Wax is? Couldnt' find my regular Turtle Wax Formula 2000 so picked this one up instead.

quote:

Since my post i waxed car with tw platnum.It gave a nice deep shine,but got a good deal on some klasse a.i.o on ebay.Is it okay to put the klasse on over the tw?

The Klasse AIO is a polish/cleaner/sealant. It will strip the wax that's already on the car, and then protect it with an acrylic sealant. So yes, it is ok to put over the TW. But I would highly recommend using the Klasse High Gloss Sealant afterwards, as this will give you the long lasting protection Klasse is well known for.

I use Klasse AIO then the Klasse High Gloss Sealant. It's great stuff. The sealant will keep the car protected and water beading for months. I use it 2x a year, and it's amazing. 6 months and it's still beading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back