Cant find oil 2015 Jetta TDI

Please forgive me for being obtuse, since I have no warranty left on my 2015 TDI Jetta I want to change the oil myself.
Apparently the oil I need is 5w30 Synthetic 507 compliant, 507 because it is a diesel...from what I have read in the owners manual.
Living in NS Canada I am very limited to vendors who sell oil...Canadiantire being the retailer that would be easily available.

When I asked for 507 compliant oil at CT, they tried to sell me Castrol Edge 5w30 for gas engines..because that is what their system says...I didn't buy it.
I looked at all 5w30 in store and none of them had 507 compliant on the rear of the container.
Can anyone point me towards the proper oil to buy, I have looked at the 540/507 approved oil list and I see Pennzoil 5W30 Platinum Euro Synthetic Motor but it does not say VW 507 approved on the container.

Can it be 5w40, or 504 compliant or something else?

Any help greatly appreciated

Vw 504/507 is, sae30 by standard....so either 0w30 or 5w30...

If you CANT get vw 504/507....you can get away with a MB 229.51/52....or BMW LL-04....they are both DPF compilant....and LL also...

Canadian Tire sells oil for your car, I bought some there a couple of months ago for a TDI that I work on. I purchased Quaker State Euro 0w-30 LX because it meets the 507 approval, it was on sale and there was a $7 rebate. Good luck!

Yes, no problem at all. Your engine will actually benefit during cold starts with the 0w-30 in your climate and still provide optimal protection at engine operating temperaure all year round.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Schumway
Please forgive me for being obtuse, since I have no warranty left on my 2015 TDI Jetta I want to change the oil myself.
Apparently the oil I need is 5w30 Synthetic 507 compliant, 507 because it is a diesel...from what I have read in the owners manual.
Living in NS Canada I am very limited to vendors who sell oil...Canadiantire being the retailer that would be easily available.

When I asked for 507 compliant oil at CT, they tried to sell me Castrol Edge 5w30 for gas engines..because that is what their system says...I didn't buy it.
I looked at all 5w30 in store and none of them had 507 compliant on the rear of the container.
Can anyone point me towards the proper oil to buy, I have looked at the 540/507 approved oil list and I see Pennzoil 5W30 Platinum Euro Synthetic Motor but it does not say VW 507 approved on the container.

you can get it literally down the street at the Irving refinery

file:///C:/Users/12369/Downloads/Advant%20European%20Full%20Syn%20infotec.pdf

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 4
Last edited:
Anything with VW 504 or 507 approval, the grade is irrelevant. And skip the additive.

Approvals are required, grades are a recommendation.

If I can ask you 1 last question, do you have any experience with the AD BLU additive for Jetta?

AD BLUE is DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) for diesel exhaust treatment.
You should have a separate filler for it. Looks like it is in the trunk for the Jetta. See this link.

AD BLUE is the brand name, any DEF urea fluid is acceptable.

Canadian Tire carries the following oils that are 507 complaint:

Quaker State Euro LX 0w30
Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX 0w30
Motomaster Euro LX 0w30
(the above are all the same oil in different bottles)
Mobil 1 ESP 5w30

The Quaker State is on sale this week for $32 per jug

Fantastic advice guys.
Yes my Jetta has the "Ad Blu " tank in the trunk. I was told that it needed to be specifically purchased and filled at the dealership...by a garage that wasn't the dealer.
I just hate paying dealership prices for things that I can do myself and now with no warranty why should I.
I do change the oil in my Subaru but that is very easy.
Thanks guys.. also does IDParts ship to Canada?...obviously yes since you wouldn't have mentioned it if they didnt.. Thanks guys

Last edited:
obviously thy do, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it
smile.gif

Thanks guys

Guys who have access to SuperTech DEF, avoid it. There were reports that it will trigger CEL related to NOx sensors. I used Peak DEF in my BMW and never had issues.

Thanks for the link. $30 cheaper than Blau parts.

Welcome. They are a great company and big supporters of another excellent forum (TDIclub) that I frequent. They also have MB and BMW diesel parts, which helps tremendously. They will ship to Canada for the OP but it does cost a pretty penny...

Hey there, how are you enjoying your TDI? I'm thinking about purchasing a post-dieselgate fix sportwagen (or maybe another Golf). It would obviously be a certified pre-owned for that sweet warranty. Has it been reliable for you?

Back