What are you listening to right now?

MC5 - Kick Out The Jams from this 4 record set . This set introduced me to many unknown artists when I began to take more interest in music when nearing 16 .

IMG_4376.JPG

IMG_4377.JPG

IMG_4378.JPG

IMG_4379.JPG

IMG_4380.JPG

IMG_4384.JPG

Originally Posted by odie
MC5 - Kick Out The Jams from this 4 record set . This set introduced me to many unknown artists when I began to take more interest in music when nearing 16 .

I assume you are familiar with the movie of the same name? It used to be on Amazon video but for some reason they've eliminated it from the Canadian lineup
21.gif
It featured the voice of John Candy, who most should recall for his many amusing roles including "Uncle Buck".

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

I assume you are familiar with the movie of the same name? It used to be on Amazon video but for some reason they've eliminated it from the Canadian lineup
21.gif
It featured the voice of John Candy, who most should recall for his many amusing roles including "Uncle Buck".

Yes , aware of the movie . That was released in '81 and the Heavy Metal record set was in '74 . Do miss John Candy
frown.gif
. Watched Uncle Buck a few months ago
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL

21.gif

Yes , aware of the movie . That was released in '81 and the Heavy Metal record set was in '74 . Do miss John Candy
frown.gif
. Watched Uncle Buck a few months ago
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif
He was a dearly loved actor up here as one would expect. I was surprised by the removal of the movie from the Canadian stream selection, given his presence on it.

"The rooster is the man with the most time in country; the first one up, the first one out."

Walkin' tall machine gun man
They spit on me in my home land
Here they come to snuff the rooster

Into the flood again
Same old trip it was back then
So I made a big mistake
Try to see it once my way

That's a GOOD compilation lp!
11.gif

Three of my favorites my Golden Earring from 1967 off their 2nd lp "Winter Harvest" (then calling themselves The Golden Earrings).

Here's the lp cover:
[Linked Image]

Aquariuscsm , thanks for all the interesting posts of known and unknown music artists through the years.

Absolutely brother! You're very welcome!
11.gif

It's 1961 -
I'm 17 yrs old and cruising in my black 2-door 1951 Ford listening to this on the radio heading out to the girlfriends. Life was good ...
cool.gif
You probably had to be there to get it - who was "there" ?
We were doing some Ancestry research yesterday and I discovered that my paternal grandfather that died when I was 8 yrs old was born before Lincoln was president - too much time on my hands ....
crazy2.gif

A week or 2 ago I searched Youtube through ROKU for The Kings and watched the video .
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Watched The Terry Kath Experience ( 2016 ) on AXS and then watched / listened to their debut album from Youtube on the T.V . Audio played through the stereo .

Last edited:
We watched Big Fish and Begonia on Netflix this weekend (Wow, I don't know if anyone else would spend 10 years making an animation, but the result is good), and is listening to the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk6iZLKXFTI

Imagine how shocked I was when I realized it is a man's voice. The singer's voice change during adolescent didn't happen quite right and now he has a voice between a boy and a woman, and he ended up in Ukraine's Lviv Conservatory for Bel Canto training. This is how you turn Lemon into Lemonade (and a [censored] good one).

Back