Late for appointment - NO more

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Dentist appointment and I showed up one hour late.
First time in my life I was ever late for anything.

With a recent power failure, I reset two clocks incorrectly.
So, I bought two Atomic Clocks and mounted them over the older clock.

I know most people use the clock on their smart-phone (which I don't own),
but I grew up with a clock in the Kitchen.

Now with two of them side-by-side, I will never question the time OR batteries.

[Linked Image]

I grew up with a clock in the kitchen. Now, the oven and microwave both have clocks.

Man the dentist must have been hard on you when you got there. Nothing wrong with an atomic clock, I'd probably put it under that nice one not on it. Your lifelong perfect record is gone, don't be too hard on yourself.

Originally Posted by Leo99
I grew up with a clock in the kitchen. Now, the oven and microwave both have clocks.

Yep same here. Grew up with clocks in the kitchen. Still have one.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Man the dentist must have been hard on you when you got there. Nothing wrong with an atomic clock, I'd probably put it under that nice one not on it. Your lifelong perfect record is gone, don't be too hard on yourself.

I had to look at the picture again. Didn't notice that the first time. That's kind of strange. Is this the humor section?

I bought an atomic wrist watch. It sets the time and date at midnight. Just tell it your time zone and your done. No keeping up with daylight savings time anymore.

I worked for a Fortune 50 Silicon Valley company for 28 years. One of the annoying things there was the mentality that if you were on time for a meeting you didn't have enough to do.

Funny how that mentality didn't apply to projects within the company. If you were late with your part, you were toast.

Scott

I have a Seiko watch that is solar powered, waterproof and receives a radio signal at 2 AM with the atomic time and resets itself to that time. I almost never comes off my wrist.

No recharging like the smart watches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back