Good ways to sell or trade a gun ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy is a gun nut and constant trader. I usually sell them to him for well less than he can sell it for but more than I can get on a trade. If I can't wholesale it to him I'll bite the bullet and trade it in at a LGS or gun show. I sell very few guns anyway, and have no interest in trying to deal with internet transactions.

Gun stores will low ball big time, like one third of actual market value.

Selling on Gunbroker is easy and a nice Pre-lock S&W 686 will fetch a premium price with multiple bids. Plus there are seller protections and won't have to deal with the Craigslist types on Armslist.

Just make sure to take a lot of close, in focus quality photos from all angles with a honest description. If you have the original box show that as well. Do a 14 day auction and pay the extra for a featured listing so item comes up around the top of the search results, (makes a big difference).

Set a minimum bid that you'd be okay with but a good bit below market value and a Buy it Now price slightly above high market value (You can do a search for completed items to find recent sale prices).

Once there is a winning bidder they remit payment of your choice and provide their FFL info. I use USPS Priority Mail Flat rate box with signature required, never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back