Hastings LF641 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an option for a stocking filter at my shop. This number is the cross for a Motorcraft Fl500s. Solid construction and thick media. Hastings will not recommend a mileage for use but says it's warranted for any factory oci that the particular filter is recommended for. My only concern is the media spacing at the glued seem. Looks like the same problem motorcraft has. Maybe the thicker media will make up for it.

20200106_094330.jpg

20200106_094338.jpg

20200106_094353.jpg

20200106_094411.jpg

20200106_094420.jpg

It looks the same as a Baldwin B7449. It seems to be constructed well. It should work well in government fleet maintenance for 5,000 miles.

They are pricey though. $7.22 a filter is high for a fleet filter. I will look into the Federated filter line made by Premium Guard. I have used their extended life filters but their standard line is very cheap. If they hold up it might be a good option.

How much gap is around the adbv to open when all is pressed together? There is no neck on the end cap and the base is concave. I am sure they designed it ok just looks odd.

Originally Posted by mpgo4th
They are pricey though. $7.22 a filter is high for a fleet filter. I will look into the Federated filter line made by Premium Guard. I have used their extended life filters but their standard line is very cheap. If they hold up it might be a good option.

What will the NAPA Gold 7502 run you?
https://www.fleetfilter.com/filter/57502.html

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Farnsworth
How much gap is around the adbv to open when all is pressed together? There is no neck on the end cap and the base is concave. I am sure they designed it ok just looks odd.

The black plastic ring in the picture fits in the end of the filter and spaces the adbv off the end of it. Looks pretty normal when assembled.

Originally Posted by MParr

What will the NAPA Gold 7502 run you?
https://www.fleetfilter.com/filter/57502.html

$6.58

Is the ADBV silicone? I would use an FL500 before the Hastings...especially in Ford vehicles.

Hastings/Baldwin is the only company that knows how to make a slotted center tube
smile.gif

They make their louvers different than everybody else

Originally Posted by MParr
It looks the same as a Baldwin B7449. It seems to be constructed well. It should work well in government fleet maintenance for 5,000 miles.

Just put a B7449 on the pickup … will be a few months before I C&P here

Seam area pleat spacing looks ok to me. While the louvers look fine, as long as open and doing the job I don't get too excited about them. And since Baldwin raised as same filter, if a consideration recent thread resurrection posted here show them to be not the most efficient filters. For me Baldwin/Hasings not readily available, and I don't buy filters in bulk.

All that said, post use appearance more telling than unused.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Seam area pleat spacing looks ok to me. While the louvers look fine, as long as open and doing the job I don't get too excited about them. And since Baldwin raised as same filter, if a consideration recent thread resurrection posted here show them to be not the most efficient filters. For me Baldwin/Hasings not readily available, and I don't buy filters in bulk.

That information is conflicting with an email I got from Hastings/Parker. I asked for the efficiency rating of the LF641 and was emailed that it was 9.8 nominal, 27 absolute.

Originally Posted by Sayjac

That information is conflicting with an email I got from Hastings/Parker. I asked for the efficiency rating of the LF641 and was emailed that it was 9.8 nominal, 27 absolute.

That's about in the middle of the road as far as efficiency goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back