Price jacked up on Chevron Supreme at WM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed this over the Black Friday weekend.. looks like it wasn't an error. I love this oil at $12 and change, it works great in my ride but I ain't paying $25 for it.. no way, no how... it's good but not that good....

Last edited:
I used to buy it at Costco every time it was $10 or $12 off for a box of 12 single quarts. iirc, it would come up to about $2 per quart.
Still have a bunch in the garage. 10W30 dino and 5-W30 blend.
Haven't seen them at Costco for a while.

PP and M1 EP are in that price range. I bought PP for $22 and M1 EP for $25 at wm. Also bought Castrol 10W30 GTX Magnatec full syn at wm on-line for $23 ... chevron will be facing some tough competition.

Originally Posted by BLND1
Currently 12.42 for 5 quarts as of 10:40PM pst.

Not the 5w30 the OP posted about..
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by OilUzer
I used to buy it at Costco every time it was $10 or $12 off for a box of 12 single quarts. iirc, it would come up to about $2 per quart.
Still have a bunch in the garage. 10W30 dino and 5-W30 blend.
Haven't seen them at Costco for a while.

PP and M1 EP are in that price range. I bought PP for $22 and M1 EP for $25 at wm. Also bought Castrol 10W30 GTX Magnatec full syn at wm on-line for $23 ... chevron will be facing some tough competition.

I'm not paying $25/gl for a syn blend unless it's something like a Delo XLE 10w30.

Yikes!

As well, WM has raised the price of QSUD 5W-30 to a few pennies less than $20.

Despite that, I'll be sticking with QSUD 5W-30 from WM, or Chev Supreme 5W-30 from Costco. Both are excellent.

If that new Kirkland-branded 5W-30 from Costco reaches my store, I will have to try that as well.

Kirkland Signature Synthetic (Warren Dist.) at Costco may be my go-to oil now. $23 to $29 for a 2-pack. Membership not required for online orders.

20191209_144051.jpg

Originally Posted by wemay
Kirkland Signature Synthetic (Warren Dist.) at Costco may be my go-to oil now. $23 to $29 for a 2-pack. Membership not required for online orders.

Yeah but the question is how long does it stay at that price? Once they've got ya hooked you're gonna be like a crack addict wondering into the store all hours of the night looking for it......‚

[Linked Image]

How about Havoline Smart Change 5w30 instead for $14.97 everyday price? Same oil company, price works out the same per quart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Havoline-SMART-CHANGE-Motor-Oil-5W-30-6qt/504353470

Prices go up, prices go down and life goes on. Lots of oils out there that will achieve equivalent results for a similar price, and many places to buy it. 'Imo' life to short to sweat a price change for a specific oil.
49.gif

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by wemay

Yeah but the question is how long does it stay at that price? Once they've got ya hooked you're gonna be like a crack addict wondering into the store all hours of the night looking for it......‚

[Linked Image]

lol.gif
lol.gif

Stores local to me price all the oils about the same. The only price differences are between dino and synthetic. Once any form of synthetic is on the bottle it's automatically $58-62 for 5L.

Originally Posted by nlife
Stores local to me price all the oils about the same. The only price differences are between dino and synthetic. Once any form of synthetic is on the bottle it's automatically $58-62 for 5L.

We feel for our Canadian gear heads. Some of that price is because the Canadian dollar isn't as strong as the US dollar. I think Walmart raised the price of Chevron supreme because of the demand from this very forum. It's a solid dino oil and used to be a stellar price. I can get Mobil 5000 at Rural King every day for $12.99 for a 5 qt jug.

Is this someone's idea of a sick joke? 25 bucks for Chevron?!?! hahaha, that's a good one. That's like people who shell out $18-20+ for a jug of oil from autozone or O'reillys.....

I love Chevron oil. I use it all my cars. I do have concerns with SN+, I hope it does as good if not better than its older SN blend on older cars (90s-2000s). But, most people seem to believe it will be just fine. That price better be a fluke tho. I ain't paying that, hahahah.

* edit: I think I need to get an oil stash going...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back