How to prevent battery bracket bolt and thread from rusting ?

Use penetrant to loosen the fastener, chase it several times (run the nut completely up and down the threads), then clean the bolt and stud with a wire brush. Apply some anti-seize (not too much) and you should be good.
For battery corrosion in general, I've used LPS3 with good results. It's an industrial lubricant that leaves a heavy waxy film and has preserved many battery trays in many of my vehicles.

Originally Posted by Warstud
Originally Posted by danez_yoda
fluid film

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...00207/10546465-P?searchTerm=fluid%20film

Yep....First thing that came to mind....I spay it on everthing.

Fluid Film works great for any corrosion issues, on battery terminals as well as battery clamps. I treated my entire car, underbody, engine compartement ground lugs. When I take long trips on the highway, I use a paper towel soaked with FF and wipe the front of the vehicle and headlights. No more problems with caked on bug guts, and washes off with water, and no harm to the paint.

AMSOIL makes a nice metal protecting spray. Somewhat smells like a mix between cosmoline and blue cheese, but it's good stuff.

Squirt or light finger coating of white lithium grease.

this is what I use on battery terminals latches etc. no reason why it wouldn’t be good in your application.
Lubriplate

Last edited:
Back