Generator/inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lifetime warranty. But, it weighs nearly 100 pounds. Shipping to Phoenix, would be expensive for repairs.

It's much cheaper than a Honda. What is country of origin?

I looked at a couple of manuals and cannot find a lash inspection/ adjustment interval?

I fight check them all but two of them dont have anything at all about valve lash.

I cant imagine it never needing and adjustment, and this time interval is one of the differentiators that separates the premium stuff from the cheap stuff.

UD

Would you run the AC constantly or have it cut in and out? Constant use would run fine on a traditional, eg not inverter model. Motors/ compressors like being spun by a traditional 3600 RPM generator, and they're easier to start when there's some mechanical inertia.

Only if the AC cut out would you gain some benefit from an inverter generator idling down in eco mode, assuming it could then catch up to restart it.

Originally Posted by Redright9
That Briggs unit looks nice, but it states NOT FOR RV USE. that is the main reason I want one.

I have to think the intent of that disclaimer is that it shouldn't be permanently mounted/enclosed in an RV compartment, like an Onan would be.

Otherwise I can't imagine what difference it would make to the generator.

I wouldn't go much larger than 3K/3500. It will run a single A/C unit just fine, and anything larger than you need is just burning more gas. I run my race trailer and motorhome from a Yamaha efs2000i. It is a bit of a pain if I want to run the A/C, in which case I switch everything over to the onboard diesel generator.

One weekend I borrowed my dad's Honda eu3000i and it ran everything fine, but burned twice as much fuel in a day. I think my best option is to get another 2000 watt generator and run them in parallel on hot days.

Yep. We know a couple of guys that use the Briggs unit with campers. They have them on the ground near the camper, not mounted in the chassis.

We bought our mom one to use in Florida during hurricane season. That last big storm a couple of years ago left her without power for 14 days. Gen worked great.

I have the Firman 3000/3300w inverter with remote start (same engine as the one you're asking about). I use it almost exclusively on my travel trailer. It starts the 13,500btu a/c unit with no problem, even from Eco mode. It runs really nicely and is quiet (in my opinion). Starts easy even at -25 celsius. I had a couple of very small issues with it that were quickly resolved by a call to customer service. Parts were fedex'd to me immediately. I have 200 hours on it now. Customer service says valve adjustment at 200 hours which I haven't done yet. It's only had Amsoil small engine 10w30 since after break in and never uses any between changes. I have a few other generators also, but this is my absolute goto unless I need more power. Overall I recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back