Anyone Use Schedule 40 PVC For Air Lines ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked in a shop that had pvc air line. It is a waste of time and materials period. This shop at the time was unheated as well, so when most of it blew up we spent many days doing the job right the 2nd time. Your better off just using a long air hose than pvc.

I'm going to be doing this same thing very soon. Just picked up my compressor yesterday.

Depending on how much you're wanting to do, eBay has 50' of 1/2" Goodyear (US made) hose for $60 shipped. You might be able to get a bulk roll of hose and some barbed fittings cheaper.

I'm planning on running my reel by the compressor and running a hose drop to the opposite side of the garage since I don't have a decent central location for the reel.

Do NOT use PVC!!!

I personally have witnessed near disastrous mishaps. My nephew bounced a basketball into a 3/4" pvc line and it exploded leaving shrapnel everywhere. The other was in the plant where i worked there was an area that had PVC air lines. A 2" line at 165psi let go and blew a 2 x 4 foot hole in a cinder block wall. It was stunning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back