Are you a collector of anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad did coins. My wife does Vaseline Glass. A guy at work is big into Diecast cars.

I really don't collect anything. What about you guys?

IMG_20110403_060409.jpg

Not really. When I get a new hobby I might go overboard, picking up stuff, but eventually the interest dies down.

I figure, why collect a bunch of stuff that will need loads of dusting? and then have to buy a nice cabinet? and then be good for only looking at? Just not my cup of tea. But I don't mind looking at other's treasures--much cheaper that way.

Not really a collector of anything. I don't like junk laying around.

Originally Posted by atikovi
On contraire, there is a clear and unobstructed path to my desk.

"Au contraire", roaches and vermin love horded cardboard like that. If we found something like that at one of my rentals the tenant would be forced to clean it up or face eviction-under the cleaning clause of the rental agreement that would be considered trash.

I collect …… Information

Before making any purchases, I know what I want and why.
I make a list of criteria's.

How much has my Insurance gone up ? …. Let me get my spreadsheet

What grass seed I planted ? …. Let me get my notes, I'll tell you the pros and cons.

When did I install that sump-pump ? …. It's written down.

How was House Roof installed ? …. I have a photo album.

Paid Medical Bills - I have receipts proving they were paid.

Every thing that comes into my house, I write the Month & Year on it (Sharpie Marker)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Donald
Boxes

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

Thats HOARDING. There is a TV show for that condition.

...‚...‚...‚

I'll admit I've got my fair share of crap laying around but not empty boxes..so my crap isn't as crappy as his crap!...‚

And I guess my collecting is oil and car parts..I can't let go of stuff or if I see something at a yard sale i pick it up thinking I "may need that some day"...‚

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Boxes

...‚...‚...‚

I'll admit I've got my fair share of crap laying around but not empty boxes..so my crap isn't as crappy as his crap!...‚

And I guess my collecting is oil and car parts..I can't let go of stuff or if I see something at a yard sale i pick it up thinking I "may need that some day"...‚

Any idea what a hassle it would be to make a trip to Staples every time I needed a box to ship something I sold on Ebay? Not to mention the cost.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Boxes

...‚...‚...‚

Any idea what a hassle it would be to make a trip to Staples every time I needed a box to ship something I sold on Ebay? Not to mention the cost.

Ahh..so you do a lot of shipping out of your home, makes sense I suppose. And those places charge an arm and a leg for a stupid cardboard box. I missed that in your previous post....

Are you a collector of anything?
Given the large stashes I read about on here, one would think a typical BITOGer is an oil and filter collector.
smile.gif

I was on a flashlight/headlamp/lantern buying spree for the past several years, but I think I got most of it out of my system now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back