12 hrs late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Chris142
Here is the car. It's parked on the corner of my property.

Probably someone canoodling.

You could always call a tow truck if it's on your property...they'd be faster to respond!

Originally Posted by KrisZ

I think the police still come even if you cancel the call as a welfare check kind of thing.

For sure, to let their presence be known sort of thing.

Another example as for some reason Youtube recommended to me some of these "audit" videos of people going around and filming cops or government buildings, so I watched few. Guess what? Cops show up very quickly and tell the people that are filming that they got calls about "suspicious" people with cameras.

So how is one "suspicious" scenario different form another? The only difference I see is the one involves a private citizen while another a government building. That should tell you plenty on what police are really protecting.

Did you ever think that kind of filming activity could potentially result in a sniper setup or a terrorist attack on a public building?

While I lived in St. Louis County I served as a CPO. We had regular police training including range training with firearms, legal, self defense, etc., and of course rode with the regular LEO's and backed them up. I literally rode "shotgun" but did carry a .357 Mag sidearm.

I can't tell you how many "suspicious vehicle" calls we received only to find a couple in a 'compromising' position.'
shocked2.gif

In today's environment, motionless cars sitting for awhile may be a number of things, including drug usage. Drug deals are usually fast transactions so as not to attract attention; drop product, take money, and drive off.

Either way, I would not approach a vehicle as druggies usually carry illegal firearms.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I worked for the dispatchers in Santa Clara CA Police and Fire for about a year as a programmer on their automated response system.
These people are simply amazing.
When the computerized system went down, they seamlessly switched over to a manual (hard copy) system until the automated system came back.
The #1 calls were alcohol and guns. Scary stuff; far more important than a strange car.
Some of the calls will shake you to your soul; the 'patchers remain cool and just save lives. Amazing.
I asked them what rattled them; "Officer down."

As I mentioned I often listen to a scanner while working in my shop. The missing kid or parent abduction calls always get my attention being a father. Recently there was a call of a drunken parent taking off with the kids in the car after an argument (IIRC the female had an RO against him). Just a recipe for disaster.. thankfully deputies spotted the vehicle and made a traffic stop without incident before he killed himself and the kids in an accident. You'd be surprised when there are kids involved how it seems every cop is "all hands on deck".. there must have been at least a half dozen units searching (area checking) for that car that I could gather from listening to the radio traffic.. and the call went out to other agencies like the State patrol as a bolo.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JLTD

Or a good place to bury a body...

Originally Posted by JLTD

You could always call a tow truck if it's on your property...they'd be faster to respond!

Or someone dumped a stolen car.

Originally Posted by MolaKule

Did you ever think that kind of filming activity could potentially result in a sniper setup or a terrorist attack on a public building?

While I lived in St. Louis County I served as a CPO. We had regular police training including range training with firearms, legal, self defense, etc., and of course rode with the regular LEO's and backed them up. I literally rode "shotgun" but did carry a .357 Mag sidearm.

I can't tell you how many "suspicious vehicle" calls we received only to find a couple in a 'compromising' position.'
shocked2.gif

In today's environment, motionless cars sitting for awhile may be a number of things, including drug usage. Drug deals are usually fast transactions so as not to attract attention; drop product, take money, and drive off.

Either way, I would not approach a vehicle as druggies usually carry illegal firearms.

Well, back in the cold war days it was commies, now it is terrorists. Unfortunately that game can be played until the end of time all while liberties and rights slip though our fingers one by one. All in the name of safety and security.

Most Americans don't see it that way of course, since they have never experienced first hand those "other" systems. My parents, grandparents and I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back