Refurb desktop websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 2 years ago I decided to roll the dice on a refurb from www.woot.com. It was a Lenovo M90P I5 8GB memory 500 GB hard drive. It arrived without the optical drive it was supposed to have-a bad keyboard and a visibly damaged POWER button. On the first use I thought it was virus-infected...but that proved to be wrong. I later figured out that it was maxxing out my DSL connection while doing a Win 10 Pro update. Since then it has been okay with one exception. Sometimes I use it to stream video from ESPN and FOX SPORTS. I've experienced crashes with it that I think/guess may be due to the onboard Intel video being overwhelmed. I only spent $200 on it, so I'm not sure it's worth bothering to fix it. It's al least 8 years old if not more. Next time, I probably will use someone else and not Woot.

Blair Technology has good deals, especially on refurb Windows 10 desktops. Corporate models of all kinds.

Got a good deal on a "renewed" Lenovo laptop from amazon.

Got a good deal on a quad core i5 (yes that is a thing) Dell Optiplex 3010 full depth mini tower from Newegg.

DELL. I purchased a refurbished Optiplex from DELL and couldn't tell it had ever been in service at a business. There isn't a scratch or mar or blemish on it. No problem with it for three years plus.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
DELL. I purchased a refurbished Optiplex from DELL and couldn't tell it had ever been in service at a business. There isn't a scratch or mar or blemish on it. No problem with it for three years plus.

Did you buy from Dell's website or from their ebay outlet? The ones from ebay are cheaper, but only come with a 30 day warranty. I suppose you could buy extended warranty but on a $200 desktop, I am not sure if it's worth bothering with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back