usps says package delivered and no package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 64bawagon
I argued with the USPS for over a week on a package that ultimately was at my neighbors house across the street. USPS said it was delivered and the shipper said I was S.O.L. since the USPS claimed it had been delivered.

Yes, that's what sellers will always try first. Blame it on the delivery company or you or someone other than them. Too bad it doesn't work that way.... You should have disputed the charge with whatever you used to pay for it with. When the credit card issuer or Paypal pulls your money back from them, it tends to motivate them to help a little more.

The FedEx guy has sent two packages now across the street to my neighbors house. The post office only misdelivered one.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by 64bawagon
I argued with the USPS for over a week on a package that ultimately was at my neighbors house across the street. USPS said it was delivered and the shipper said I was S.O.L. since the USPS claimed it had been delivered.

Yes, that's what sellers will always try first. Blame it on the delivery company or you or someone other than them. Too bad it doesn't work that way.... You should have disputed the charge with whatever you used to pay for it with. When the credit card issuer or Paypal pulls your money back from them, it tends to motivate them to help a little more.

I think they'll do this a couple times a year, but If you call a bunch to dispute claims, they Probably won't. That's my guess. I know I dispute a claim probably once a year maybe every two and they do it without question.

Tell them to pay for signature required service and this way the carrier shouldn't leave the package without someone signing. Downside is, if you're not home, the carrier will only try a couple times before they "return to sender". If the carrier ignores this add'l service level, it's on them.

Tell them to pay for signature required service and this way the carrier shouldn't leave the package without someone signing. Downside is, if you're not home, the carrier will only try a couple times before they "return to sender". If the carrier ignores this add'l service level, it's on them.

I'm not doing that I have to work.

"Tell them to pay for signature required service and this way the carrier shouldn't leave the package without someone signing. Downside is, if you're not home, the carrier will only try a couple times before they "return to sender". If the carrier ignores this add'l service level, it's on them."

When I sell, I pay for 'signature required', and ship USPS. I give the buyer the tracking ID before the item hits the PO (it's generated when I pay for shipping).

USPS will allow the buyer to pick up the item at the PO, and I note this in my item text.

Originally Posted by bobdoo
When I sell, I pay for 'signature required', and ship USPS. I give the buyer the tracking ID before the item hits the PO (it's generated when I pay for shipping).

USPS will allow the buyer to pick up the item at the PO, and I note this in my item text.

I'd avoid any seller that does that. I'm not wasting my time going to and from the post office to pick up a package when it could already be on my doorstep when I get home.

Originally Posted by atikovi

I'd avoid any seller that does that. I'm not wasting my time going to and from the post office to pick up a package when it could already be on my doorstep when I get home.

It doesn't get left at your door if "signature required" is part of the deal. It goes back to the post office for pick-up until they try and deliver it a 2nd time, then a 3rd time.

Originally Posted by atikovi

It doesn't get left at your door if "signature required" is part of the deal. It goes back to the post office for pick-up until they try and deliver it a 2nd time, then a 3rd time.

I know that. That's why I would avoid any seller that did it. If I'm not home the 2nd time, then the 3rd time they try to deliver it, I would have to make a trip to the post office. No thanks unless it was something valuable or nobody else was selling it and I just had to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back