non oil burner major issue 1qt 500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
my non oil burner took a [censored]

used 5qt in 2500 miles

i was doing 4k OCI and used zero oil before.

did I get scammed by the dealer? did they use the brake fluid trick?
confused2.gif

or was it because i used 1 qt of 0w30? mobil1 on my last oil change??

stopped at the gas station it was bone dry (surprised i did not Seized the engine , but AFM oddly worked fine this is very oil sensitive... I had some oil on hand as i thought something was up'

i don't think i damaged the engine though

Last edited:
AFM strikes again, but "AFM is NOT bad..."
smirk2.gif

Time for a Range or tuner...

Disabling AFM was the best thing that ever happened to my LS4. Only good side effects, including mpgs, and went from a quart every 750 miles to zero over the entire OCI.

well I added a 1/2 qt i'll check it in the morning (1/2 so i don't over fill the crank case if false reading I can turn off the AFM with the AFM disable button
smile.gif

i'm getting hit with a recurring fuel theft they seem to take a gallon or so at a time so my data currently is invalid MPG wise..

Last edited:
i don't see any blue smoke
none upon start up just some steam from overnight condensation this morning

Originally Posted by tahoe_hybrid
well I added a 1/2 qt i'll check it in the morning (1/2 so i don't over fill the crank case if false reading I can turn off the AFM with the AFM disable button
smile.gif

i'm getting hit with a recurring fuel theft they seem to take a gallon or so at a time so my data currently is invalid MPG wise..

Someone is stealing gasoline from one or more of your vehicles, and they are only taking a gallon at a time when they do it? And this is an ongoing problem?

I don't know man, something ain't stirring the kool-aid here...I realize this thread isn't about the gas theft issue, but I can't help but think resolving the gas theft issue would go a long way toward resolving/preventing other issues you're juggling.

Have you made the local law enforcement folks aware of the ongoing gas theft?

Please tell me you have some security cam footage of the gas theft going on or something...I don't need to see it, but I really need to know you are not just making generic assumptions about unanswered questions and using anecdotal evidence to get there...

Originally Posted by The_Nuke

Someone is stealing gasoline from one or more of your vehicles, and they are only taking a gallon at a time when they do it? And this is an ongoing problem?

Maybe "they" are also taking the oil?🤔...‚

Originally Posted by ZZman
AFM?

Active fuel mgmt

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DavidJones
Sucking it through a guide.

That would be my guess as well.

Could you run a borescope through the spark plug hole to see whats going on inside (darker pistons/bore)?

Leakdown test could also help diagnose.

Did you do the last oil change? Are you sure it was full?

Is there some sort of oil cooler that could be causing the problem? When the oil cooler failed on my F-350, it took 140 miles for it to pump 5 quarts of oil into the coolant! Yikes!

Originally Posted by Miller88
Did you do the last oil change? Are you sure it was full?

Is there some sort of oil cooler that could be causing the problem? When the oil cooler failed on my F-350, it took 140 miles for it to pump 5 quarts of oil into the coolant! Yikes!

the coolant level is ok I have it marked and unchanged(it would have overflowed anyways by adding 5qt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back