Best way to remove snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of trucks, I've seen 'em coming south from Michigan, Ontario, etc with 12+ inches of snow on their trailer roofs. You know it's frozen on there too since it hasn't come off in 100+ miles. It eventually does though, I've seen it happen, and you don't know how hard/solid some of it is but I know some can do serious damage. My question is, how is a truck driver supposed to get that off ? An extension ladder and a broom ? Serious question....

Of course most of us know the REAL answer is to get out of range from any snow altogether!

I'm reminded of the best bumper sticker ever seen: "Wisdom: Nobody moves North to retire"...

If I did live in a snowy climate, I think I would use this Snow-Joe. Keeping one in the garage and one in each vehicle sounds like the way to go.

Originally Posted by MasterSolenoid
Just start shoveling.
[Linked Image]

Joking aside, I like using a Snow-Joe.
It's way more effective then a Snow-Brush.
I keep one in the garage and one in the vehicle.
It's the way Car Dealers clean the snow off.
[Linked Image]

I bought one of these on Amazon. Not the same brand but it's an orange color one. I haven't used it yet and I feel like it is gonna mar the paint at some point. After reading all of this, seems like there is no non-abrasive way to remove the snow.

Not sure how the windshield washer fluid would be practical.

BTW, I have tried hot water over the car, it works well. But never had a cracked windshield from doing that. Maybe because the coldest here is 20 F degrees only. Too bad I can't do that method anymore. Cuz it's just too much water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back