Oil Change Interval for Garage Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: steve20
good thin the newer Corvetes have OLMs--

Steve

Yeah, but GM states to use the OLM up to 1 year.

What's to debate? The price of a new Porsche engine will cost more than $20K. If your dealer charges you $200 for the oil change your a life time ahead and you'll drive a few miles more.
Drive it when ever you can (no snow or salt), Porsches are built to be driven.

Excellent points folks, thank you.

It does take close to a case of M1 so the cost is a consideration, as is the small hassle. I thought there might be a strong consensus in one direction or another but I see there is not. Providing service records and the peace of mind are probably the best arguments for yearly changes. Maybe I'll test the oil just for the heck of it.

I tried to post/host pics.. still working on it. Thanks again!

I know nothing about 911's except they are really nice cars, but I can tell you what I do for my Camaro that is a nice weather car only.
I change the oil at the beginning of the season and use a good synthetic. Through out the summer I will change the filter monthly and top off the oil. If the car see's alot of miles that summer I will change the oil before she goes into storage.
I change it at the beginning of the season becouse I run it in the garage throughout winter but never take on the road to get fully hot

I drive my 70 Camaro about 500 miles per year. No trip is less than 20 miles. Last oil change was after 3 years and I had the oil tested by Blackstone. Analysis came back fine.
No reason to change your oil once per year if you reach full operating temp on all your drives.

Using Redline HP oil, I have been confident stretching the OCIs to years, with low miles driven in my BMWs.
no worries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back