Fram Europe and Purflux or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working with a partner company in Kyrgyzstan to choose a filter company to represent and import. My interest is as a rental car company with service shop that I need to secure a steady supply of quality filters. We need a supplier out of Korea or Europe. Mahle, Mann, and Knecht already have a distributor here, but a lot of the oil from that distributor is counterfeit, so we prefer to avoid their filters. Hengst and Filtron also have representatives, but their assortment is pretty limited. So, to the meat of my question. Is Fram Europe different from the US? They are listed as part of SOGEFI Group instead of their US company. Is the quality any better? What about Purflux? Also part of the same SOGEFI Group. Alternatively I've already started talking to Clean Filters in Italy and sent an email to Muller Filter. Just looking for some feedback about Fram Europe and Purflux as well as open to other brand suggestions with known good quality and price. (For reference, we were working with Filtron and loved them for the combo of price and quality, but their distributor is narrowing the selection too much and it doesn't work with our range of US, European, and Japanese cars). Thanks!

I'd look at Federal-Mogul filters as well. Champion and Mobil1 filters are both some of the best filters you can find, with Champion being extremely affordable for its build quality.

71rd7buNjHL._SL1500_.jpg

Fram in general has less paper and flimsier internals when you cut them open. There are numerous reports from people who cut open filters as to their lack of internal quality. Personally, I really like Filtron (the Eastern Europe and CIS side of WIX). But that's not working out any more. I may see if there is an option for Purflux, because we had an option on Fram, if it's within the same group. Champion look good, but they lack filters for a lot of non-US market vehicles (like our 2014 Ford Rangers with 2.2 tdci engine). We know the market here pretty well, and it's a bizarre mix of vehicles. A lot are Euro spec, but then we have a bunch of early 2000s right hand steer JDM vehicles. Anyway, open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back