additive packages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all,

All this advertising on TV about staying away from cheaper gasoline because of getting dirty valves has gotten me wondering if their's any brands in bottle form off the store shelves that can be added to ones gasoline to bring it up to TOP TIER gasoline?

Durango
usa2.gif

Quote:

in bottle form off the store shelves that can be added to ones gasoline to bring it up to TOP TIER gasoline?

FWIW my current gas additive of choice is "FP Plus" (formerly FP3000) from http://www.lubecontrol.com/fuel.htm. I don't know what it has vs "brand name gas", but I actually find the car runs better on any old cheap gas with FP Plus in it, than it does on the best brand name gas I can find (without the FP Plus)! And it also seems to be yet one more thing keeping my engine (and my throttle body chamber) nice and clean.

NOTE: FP Plus seems pretty expensive, until you realize how much gas a gallon of the stuff can treat (i.e. it's very concentrated stuff). As a result, the true costs of using it (assuming you buy it by the gallon, and don't overdose the amount you use) works out to somewhere under a nickel for each gallon of gas treated. Which considering how much the stuff seems to improve the "quality" of the gas used, is IMHO a small price to pay...

DracoFelis,

Thank you for your reply. I did a search on the website you provided and the only distributor that's close to me is located in San Diego.

Currently I've been experimenting with Lucas UCL and just Chevron's Techron with good results especially with the UCL. The Techron can only be added once per 3000 miles but I admit I've been adding it every other month. I just hope it doesn't eat away the fuel lines. All I want is to try not to allow deposits form on the valves using the least amount of money. Here in Los Angeles where Shell gasoline cost about $3.89/gallon is considered millionairs gasoline.
Currently I use COSTCO brand for a good while and noticed no ill effects until all this advertising with it's claims.

If what I'm doing/adding is considered reasonable as an additive/detergent to help bring it up to what's considered
almost TOP TIER then I won't worry. Thanks again.

Durango
usa2.gif

Quote:

And it also seems to be yet one more thing keeping my engine (and my throttle body chamber) nice and clean.

Do we know this as fact yet? I still haven't seen any pics of TB's, valves, or piston tops after running FP for an extended period of time. IIRC some members on this forum found these items to be dirty after FP and then ran Amsoil PI or Techron to clean them up.

I think if you live in an area where you use gas that don't claim to have additives in the gas, or just simply don't then it is a good thing to use additives sometimes. Gas is supposed to meet certain standards, but if it does not then it would be good to use additives.

Originally Posted by Bonnelvr92
I think if you live in an area where you use gas that don't claim to have additives in the gas, or just simply don't then it is a good thing to use additives sometimes. Gas is supposed to meet certain standards, but if it does not then it would be good to use additives.

What areas don't claim to have any additives in gasoline? There is an EPA mandated minimum for all regions of the United States.

And you've really outdone yourself in this one, resurrecting a 12 year old thread with more of your nonsense. Is this the oldest thread you've dug up so far?

Well age don't matter. This is for the general public to see so how does she matter. Advice is as old as time. The Golf where I live don't claim to have additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back