Anyone here vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Schmoe
This is one of those situations where a few dumb arsches are going to ruin it for the rest of us and it will become heavily regulated. When that happens, it's going to get worse because more and more vapers will be forced to create their own at home recipes and make their own juices.
Nobody is going to ruin this for me. If they take commercial e-juice off of the market, I (for one) WILL mix my own. So will most of the other vapers that I know. It is not that difficult or complicated and I will know exactly what is in it. There are many websites and forums that have thousands of formulas available. With the exception of nicotine, all of the substances that are used in the manufacture of legitimate commercial e-juice are food grade and consumed by all of us in the processed foods we eat.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Pew,

20 years from now when you have emphysema and need an oxygen tank....

How many people will you be able to out hike / run ?
IMO if/when I get emphysema, more than likely it will be because of the 40+ years of smoking cigarettes, not vaping. I can tell you for a fact that my health and well being have improved DRAMATICALLY since I quit smoking and started vaping.

I never cared much for vaping myself. Smoked less than a pack a month ie smoked a couple while drinking beer. Been smoke free two months now. Now I am on Coffee Grinds chew.

Originally Posted by wag123
Originally Posted by 02SE

I have a neighbor who is a Doctor, and they were telling me of the alarming increase in cases they are seeing among (mostly young) people that Vape. Numerous cases of otherwise healthy young people with serious lung issues, which in some cases require life support. And some who didn't survive.
I've been vaping for 4.5 years and I'm doing perfectly good. I feel WAY better than I did when I was smoking.
There is something else going on here. For one thing, there is some kind of heavy push going on behind the scenes to keep these news stories coming day after day. In the forums they are talking about how they think big tobacco is behind all of the negative publicity, their business has been negatively impacted in a very big way by the vaping phenomenon, and if they can manage to get it outlawed, they stand to gain-back millions of smokers as customers. If you don't think that big tobacco is capable-of doing this, think again!
Another thing, it is beginning to come out that in addition to nicotine vape products, the affected individuals were vaping something else, like what the people think is THC vape oil. The thing about it is that the people are buying these THC vape oil products on the street, and who knows what chemicals are in some of these clandestine THC vape products. The rumor is that some of them even contain the same dangerous chemicals that are used to make Spice/K2. There is also a problem with counterfeit THC vape oil products being sold, even in the legal states, and there are also counterfeit nicotine vape products being sold on the street. Underage individuals are much more likely to be purchasing vape products on the street, and who knows where they came from or what it is that they are vaping.

The most recent cases my neighbor told me about, are teenagers who were getting their vaping oils from Vape shops, actually their parents were getting it for them, because it was viewed as a safer alternative than cigarettes. Name brand, not counterfeit products. Apparently one of the girls was widely known on social media for her vaping videos.

After she got sick and nearly died, she decided it was a dumb pasttime.

Look, I have no vested interest in vaping or not vaping. If you want to vape, go right ahead. It's your life.

I just saw this topic, and related a recent conversation I had with a neighbor who in the course of talking about our respective lives, brought vaping up due to the alarming increase in serious and sometimes fatal cases they were seeing.

The most recent cases my neighbor told me about, are teenagers who were getting their vaping oils from Vape shops, actually their parents were getting it for them, because it was viewed as a safer alternative than cigarettes. Name brand, not counterfeit products. Apparently one of the girls was widely known on social media for her vaping videos.
This is what they and their parents are saying and telling people. What they were ACTUALLY doing may have been entirely different. It is very likely that they were also obtaining THC oil vape cartridges off of the street and not fessing-up to it. Teens don't always tell the truth, especially when it comes to something like this. When I was a teen and getting high, I never fessed-up to my parents that I was smoking pot (or drinking or having sex or smoking cigarettes), even when directly questioned about it. One teen that was being interviewed from his hospital bed actually admitted to using THC oil vape cartridges that he purchased off the street.

Why stick anything in your mouth and inhale it? I saw a fellow yesterday doing that. Looked pretty foolish and there's been ample evidence of the health risks associated with vaping. The vapor contains ingredients that are toxic, including nickel, tin, lead, benzene and formaldehyde. It's just a way to suck down some more nicotine, which is just downright foolish.

No thanks.

Vaping = 'popcorn lung'

...–

Fake news!
Popcorn lung is bronchiolitis obliterans and is most commonly caused by a chemical called diacetyl which was used as a flavor additive in microwave popcorn (hence the name "Popcorn Lung"). NO commercial e-juice supplier or e-cigarette manufacturer uses diacetyl in their e-juice, and its use in e-cigarettes is banned in Europe.
Other chemicals that can cause bronchiolitis obliterans are...
Metal oxide fumes (a common byproduct of welding)
Sulfur dioxide
Ammonia
Chlorine
Nitrogen oxides
Hydrochloric acid
and Sulfur mustard (a chemical weapon known as "mustard gas")

Pew,

20 years from now when you have emphysema and need an oxygen tank....

How many people will you be able to out hike / run ?

20 years from now is a long time, will you even be alive to care?

Last edited:
This is what they and their parents are saying and telling people. What they were ACTUALLY doing may have been entirely different. It is very likely that they were also obtaining THC oil vape cartridges off of the street and not fessing-up to it. Teens don't always tell the truth, especially when it comes to something like this. When I was a teen and getting high, I never fessed-up to my parents that I was smoking pot (or drinking or having sex or smoking cigarettes), even when directly questioned about it. One teen that was being interviewed from his hospital bed actually admitted to using THC oil vape cartridges that he purchased off the street.

So you were following kids around in another State? That's the only way you could know what they are ACTUALLY doing. Sounds a little creepy... Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

As time marches on, there is simply more evidence that vaping is not as safe as some want to believe.

Vape or don't vape, it's still a somewhat free country, and it's your choice.

Nobody is claiming that vaping is completely safe. I'm not. After trying to quit smoking cigarettes a half dozen times using the other available products/drugs/techniques/hypnosis and willpower, vaping worked. For me personally it comes down to vaping being the "lesser of two evils".

So you were following kids around in another State? That's the only way you could know what they are ACTUALLY doing. Sounds a little creepy... Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

As time marches on, there is simply more evidence that vaping is not as safe as some want to believe.

Vape or don't vape, it's still a somewhat free country, and it's your choice.

What they were ACTUALLY doing may have been entirely different.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?
Neither.
Like I just said, for me personally it comes down to vaping being the "lesser of two evils".
Based upon personal experience, I'm highly skeptical about the latest "news" reports.

....to answer the OP question.... no I don't vape. I am smarter than that.
coffee2.gif

Like I just said, for me personally it comes down to vaping being the "lesser of two evils".

The only point I'm making is that maybe it is and maybe it isn't.

You don't need permission from me or anyone else to do what you want with your body. But based on what healthcare workers are seeing, you might consider reevaluating your assumptions.

I'm involved in some dangerous hobbies. I don't kid myself or anyone else that they are safe.

Hopefully we'll both live long healthy lives, despite our risky choices.

People like to lie to their doctors, even in critical situations.

Just ask any anesthesiologist. Some people would literally rather risk dropping dead in the OR than admit to their extracurricular activities.

Others are worried that their insurance company will take a dim view of their drug use and walk away.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
People like to lie to their doctors, even in critical situations.

Just ask any anesthesiologist. Some people would literally rather risk dropping dead in the OR than admit to their extracurricular activities.

Others are worried that their insurance company will take a dim view of their drug use and walk away.

People are liars. About and to everything and everyone. Self serving liars. Once you learn this and accept it about yourself and everyone else, life makes a lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back