Premium Guard vs Ecogard which would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetical

Something happened and you need to to an oil change. The only filters left are the basic Premium Guard and Ecogard oil filters.

What do you choose? Why?

Which ever is cheapest. Neither are super top of the line but will still work fine based on the ones I have seen cut open and the ones I have cut open.

I trust either of them more than a purolator.

PG has responded to me on efficiency but I can't remember what it was. The PG filters I use have been fantastic. I have cut many open and zero issues. Either filter will be just fine.

Originally Posted by TheScarletRogue
... The only filters left are the basic Premium Guard and Ecogard oil filters.

What do you choose? Why?

Whichever one is cheapest, because I am cheap and it makes no difference.

I kinda figured either would be good to use. I have a higher mileage vehicle that I'm going to be doing 4k oci on and didn't want to spend a fortune on filters, but didn't want absolute junk.

Glad to see that both are good basic filters for the job

Premium Guard PG4615 with 9212 miles on it. Think I paid something like $1.30 from RA. Love these bargain filters I must say.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

After using both the Ecogard and the PG in the pics above, I prefer the PG overall. Media seems a bit more robust and the overall construction seems a little better. This is just purely based off the two filters I have used over the past couple years. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by sw99
PG has responded to me on efficiency but I can't remember what it was. The PG filters I use have been fantastic. I have cut many open and zero issues. Either filter will be just fine.

If I am not mistaken PG oil filters are 96 percent at 25 microns... And PG XL oil filters are 99 percent at 20 microns...

Originally Posted by blupupher
Originally Posted by TheScarletRogue
... The only filters left are the basic Premium Guard and Ecogard oil filters.

What do you choose? Why?

Whichever one is cheapest, because I am cheap and it makes no difference.

What he said ^. My engine is not going to blow. I'd also like to throw Hastings and Supertech into the mix for bargain filters. Just put a ST filter on my car yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back