STP Oil at Autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by wemay
Yes, that's correct, a great deal for anyone needing 5qts or less.

Yeah I just did a Super Tech synthetic high mileage oil change on the Silverado with 8 quarts and a filter for around $38. I can live with that.

Can't argue the value there.

Fine oil but I'm only willing to pay $26 for the 5qt jug, just wait till they have the EP on rollback for that and grab 2 filters at the same time and you get free home shipping ($35 minimum).

Last edited:
The STP is a good deal if you only have one air filter, otherwise their $15 buck per filter makes up what they are loosing on the oil. STP deal 32.99 + $14..99 (additional air filter for some applications) = $47.98 Two WIX air filters for my application is $15-16 on Ama$% and I can regularly get Mobil1 EP filter and 5qt of 5w-30EP together on rollback for a total of $35.XX so with air filters still under $52. For the princely sum of $4.02 I'd rather go with Mobil1 and WX.

I'm new to the Board and just saw your question. My nephew bought a gallon of STP branded oil at Autozone in Colorado Springs, CO The bottom of the bottle was stamped AOC. I'll take that to mean AMALIE OIL CO. http://www.amalie.com/. This company blends Amalie branded oil and Wolf's Head. They also blend other discount brands.

I've found SUPERTECH oil stamped either AOC or WPP for Warren Performance Packaging http://www.warrendistribution.com/ . And, some Supertech oils have no stamp on the bottom of the container.

I suspect that Autozone is licensed to use the STP trade dress for various products. STP may have blended STP oil in it's own plant when it was owned by The Clorox Corp. I think that even that was unlikely.

Yeah - I had grabbed the $10 deal months back - and then the STP oil and filter deal lately -
it was charity oil anyway (filter for another vehicle) but one of them was Dexos
(yes, AOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back