ADBV Design - MANN Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since i joined BITOG i have been enjoying all these c&p that you guys share on this section, thanks for that!

Last oc i have tried a MANN W7 Multi 18 filter. It's the type of filter that fit a great variety of cars, and it's a bit bigger and better than the normal filters that are recommended for my car.

I am pretty sure my engine doesn't need an adbv, but since this filter has one, i decide to check it and i think i never saw this design around here. So i wanted to know what you guys think of it:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The spring is soft and the "metal cap" is light but doesn't bend.

Originally Posted by Linctex
That's the first "spring loaded" ADBV I have ever seen

Yeah i suspected it was not a very common design.

Originally Posted by edwardh1
seems most important is the filter media.
how efficient is it?

I wish i could know, this information is not easy to find here. But i will try to contact them to see if i can get some info.

Same as the Purflux design. It is Ok if the rubber seal holds well and doesn't deform over time. Purflux has occasional problems with this. Looks like the seal you are holding is not flat any more and probably hardened to some degree which may indicate so-so quality. I would't run this filter for very long time.

Originally Posted by Ded Mazai
Same as the Purflux design. It is Ok if the rubber seal holds well and doesn't deform over time. Purflux has occasional problems with this. Looks like the seal you are holding is not flat any more and probably hardened to some degree which may indicate so-so quality. I would't run this filter for very long time.

Thanks for the info.

The rubber seal is a bit thin, but other than that it felt very flexible and in good shape. But this filter was in for only 1k miles, since i had to change it when this happened. I think that is the correct shape of the seal when it's compressed inside the can, but i will keep checking it after each OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back