Best Toyota/Lexus Device Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I change all my oil and I have all Toyota/Lexus vehicles. Probably all I will ever have. This oil funnel is the schnikergoodlegoblikins of all oil funnels. I can add a qt in
mere seconds and you need to see how fast I can add a 5 qt container. Please disregard the Supertech container. That is for another thread. Just look at the funnel.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

...and how much did it cost?

I've made a modular version of something similar for the vehicles I tend to.
buy cheap stant oil fill cap for said engine, drill out center to the OD of my Funnel... works a treat. only trick is keeping the caps straight.

Been using one for over 2 years.now, and will get one for the Mustang when it's out. It's around $15 from Motivx tools or Amazon

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dan55
Been using one for over 2 years.now, and will get one for the Mustang when it's out. It's around $15 from Motivx tools or Amazon

Correct...

I promise you will smile when you add your oil. NO MESS, NO RUNS, NO DRIPS, NO ERRORS.

I have come close a couple times to buying one of those funnels for my Tundra. Glad to hear they work well. I think I will pick one up before my next change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gebo
I change all my oil and I have all Toyota/Lexus vehicles. Probably all I will ever have. This oil funnel is the schnikergoodlegoblikins of all oil funnels. I can add a qt in
mere seconds and you need to see how fast I can add a 5 qt container. Please disregard the Supertech container. That is for another thread. Just look at the funnel.

Where do you get this funnel?

Originally Posted by klt1986
I have come close a couple times to buying one of those funnels for my Tundra. Glad to hear they work well. I think I will pick one up before my next change.

I promise you won't regret it.

Now if you had a Hyundai Oil chewer you might just be able to cap off and run an IV off the bottle🤗. 5 qt at minimum . Just drill a hole in the hood and duck tape the jug to the windshield. Who knows might even make it all the way to next 3000 mile oil change, maybe ........

I've got a Motivx screw on oil funnel for my Subaru. It's the earlier version that has a screen filter and a spike for puncturing seals on quart bottles. I'm a sucker for innovative tools. It's a good funnel. But honestly, I wouldn't buy one again. Way overpriced for a funnel. And it's a pain to clean up after use. I use the Motivx funnel maybe half the time. The rest of the time I use one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-FloTool-10709-Spill-Funnel/dp/B000EH4V18/ref=sr_1_43?crid=1GH3T9YV5B7RU&keywords=motivx%2Boil%2Bfunnel&qid=1564757217&s=gateway&sprefix=motivx%2Caps%2C173&sr=8-43&th=1

I rarely use quart bottles of motor oil, so holding a quart bottle isn't that important to me. But I can pour oil down that funnel as fast as the engine will take it. Admittedly, the Motivx does have the advantage of staying in place real good because it's screwed in. But I don't know if that makes it worth the premium.

I just stuff a paper towel in the business end and turn it upside down on my work bench. It then sits on 2 paper towels upside down.

You can screw it apart and run a paper towel through both pieces of you like. I'm confused as to why you think it is hard to clean???

I take care of a bunch of cars not in my sig. Fir what it has saved me in mess and time I'd gladly pay $25 for one.

Trying to hold a funnel while rationing the oil flow became ridiculous to me. I just dump 5 qt bottle like it's nobody's business.

I don't like "one-off" tools that take up space/etc. when a simple improvisation or something can be done. But this is good - we have a Lexus with a splash baffle under the cap and unless you sit and drizzle the oil forever, it sometimes backs up and then runs down under the plastic vanity cover, making a mess.

Yeah, may need to get one of those...

Originally Posted by Oro_O
... But this is good - we have a Lexus with a splash baffle under the cap and unless you sit and drizzle the oil forever, it sometimes backs up and then runs down under the plastic vanity cover, making a mess.

Yeah, may need to get one of those...

You are so correct.

He who dies with the most tools wins.
But 15 bones for a funnel that only works on Toylettas?

Wait, lemm check the Lexus... I just might need one right away!

I got one, resisted it until I got a second Toyota and a longer commute. $14.95 on Amazon. Just used it for the first time last week, like it. Yes I could live without it.

Clean a funnel? Who does that? Oil funnels go in the oil drain pan, which goes under the bench. Oil goes to the bottom of the pan over the next few weeks and then into oil recycling jug on the next oil change.

Funnels-I use the gallon slidelock bags with some paper towels to store my funnels. Always clean and no mess.
You're welcome!
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back