New Scanner Autel MK808BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a new scanner in the subject from Amazon on a lightning deal for $419 with free shipping had a regular price of $565. Still have to set it up but it looks sweet. Bi-directional, 7" touchscreen (actually a tablet), blue tooth, wifi, and will read and perform on engine, trans, brakes, SRS,steering angle sensor, battery managment system, DPF, Electric parking brake, oil reset and more. Tons of features and abilities. Can't wait to set it up and use it.

Does it read or upgradeable to mfg specific / proprietary protocols? VAG, Toyota, Ford, etc? Let's say, can it read pressure levels on AHC accumulators in Lexus? Would be lovely.

I think it will read anything the manufacturer has allowed it to. Plugged it into the Yukon and was surprised at how much information was available. Plugging into an 98 Suburban tomorrow with misfire issues, I'll keep you posted.

I've been searching for that deal, or similar pricing since you first posted. If I can grab it at that price I'd be all over it.

The AutoEnguity scanner is also a high end DIY, maybe small shop. They have PC and phone version. They have a base model and then extensions per manufacturer. Not too bad for one or two manufacturers, but if you need all manufacturers then it's over $1000.

So if the Autel includes all manufacturers specific code like the AutoEnguity then it's a good deal.

But the people from AutoEnguity told me it's time consuming to write programming code for each specific code.

The AutoEnguity scanner is also a high end DIY, maybe small shop. They have PC and phone version. They have a base model and then extensions per manufacturer. Not too bad for one or two manufacturers, but if you need all manufacturers then it's over $1000.

So if the Autel includes all manufacturers specific code like the AutoEnguity then it's a good deal.

But the people from AutoEnguity told me it's time consuming to write programming code for each specific code.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I've been searching for that deal, or similar pricing since you first posted. If I can grab it at that price I'd be all over it.

Best price I found other than the Amazon Prime Day lightning deal was $519.

Originally Posted by another Todd
Originally Posted by demarpaint

Best price I found other than the Amazon Prime Day lightning deal was $519.

You killed it! I saw the $519 deal. At $419 I'm all in, at $519 I'll use what I have, and wait patiently, or live w/o it.
wink.gif

Be careful of the Autel units on amazon. They may not be US market versions and you will not receive updates and warranty.

I purchase my Autel items from JBtools and AESwave to avoid the possibility of issues.

Bought from WEYLAND through Amazon. Weyland claims to be the "official legal Autel distributor" and has 100% positive reviews with over 300 reviewers, and states all factory warranties are in effect. I have no reason to doubt them.

Originally Posted by another Todd
Bought from WEYLAND through Amazon. Weyland claims to be the "official legal Autel distributor" and has 100% positive reviews with over 300 reviewers, and states all factory warranties are in effect. I have no reason to doubt them.

That is a common deceptive practice by the unauthorized sellers. This is a huge issue with a autel right now. Here is a list of the authorized sellers:

https://support.autel.com/support/solutions/articles/8000064791-2018-dealers-list

JBtools gets their units from ISN or Medco, and AESwave is on the list.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Be careful of the Autel units on amazon. They may not be US market versions and you will not receive updates and warranty.

I purchase my Autel items from JBtools and AESwave to avoid the possibility of issues.

Good to know, thanks.

It's updating right now, no problem registering it either, password stored in unit worked on the Autel.com website.

For those interested, the MK808 is on sale right now (says limited time) on Amazon for $424. I didn't dig real deep but it looks like the only difference between that and mine (MK808BT) is the tablet is connected to the vehicle via a cable, where as mine is a blue tooth connection so I can walk around the vehicle with my MK808BT in my hands after I plug in the Bluetooth module into the vehicles diagnostic port.

I bought Autel MK808BT under the recommendation of youtube. I found that Autel's technical support is better than foxwell and launch. I bought this product at that time for $459. There is a promotion code under the youtube video link: BAO3KBB8, an extra 10% discount, plus Amazon's coupon45, the final price is $459.
Link:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KXDKWRS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UU31Cb8J1DN4N
Hope can help u.

This one says communicates with all available modules, does that mean it can connect to the hvac control in my Audi A4 and show me flap postion? or BCM in a chevy? This one if it does that fits the bill, the website does not really give any specific info as I've been really looking into the DS808.

FCP euro has the mx808 for $399 and I'm really not looking for the cheapest one, I want to buy one the first time and not be upset when I find out it won't do something I want it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back