Do You Still Change Your Oil at 3K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious how many of you change your oil every 3K? Or less than 5K?

I follow my OM which says follow the MM or one year whichever comes first. For me it's once a year at about 4500 miles.

4 or 5 thousands,depends on my mood. every 3000 is old fashion from a hold over from the 50s imho..

I change the oil in my Camaro once a year which is about 30 miles accrued a 1/4 mile at a time.

Last edited:
7.5k here. That's what the maintenance schedule recommends. I do 80 miles a day so it's not a short tripper.

Short commute to work and two extra cars means once a yr. OC w/around 3k. miles. On the newest, the 2017 Rogue Sport, twice a yr. b/c of warranty.

Originally Posted by Bud
I follow my OM which says follow the MM or one year whichever comes first. For me it's once a year at about 4500 miles.
Modern Hondas typically don't 'need' the oil changed at only 4500 miles so I presume in your case it's "whichever comes first" ?

Santa Fe Sport 2.0T - 3000 to 4000 miles
Sportage 2.4L AWD - 3500 to 5000 miles

Last edited:
5k conventional oil changes with 10/30. Took a Toyota Tercel north of 250,000 miles without a hiccup. Been driving for 50 years. Me thinks we make too much of this at times. What goes on under the valve cover stays under the valve cover🤫

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back