Pure Zone by Wix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search but could not find anything on here...anyways, on a trip to my local parts store for an oil filter for the LeSabre, I was about to go for my typical purchase of a Wix, but the parts guys mentioned that the Pure Zone filter is also made by Wix. The price was 1/2 that of the regular line black filter.

They also had a Pure Zone filter cut open next to a Delco and the Delco looked like a low wend Fram in comparision. The drain back valve, the spring etc was all much better quality, the parts guy said their whole staff was surprised.

Just bringing a filter I had never heard of to light.

If you Google Purezone there are quite a few hits.

Meh

20190705_135214.png

95% @ 29 microns is rather pathetic. Fram Extra Guard is 95% @ 20 microns.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure this will start a debate, but 95% at 29um is still better than Honda OEM; and Honda engines seem to do okay. Just sayin...

Most likely, yes. I would argue that Honda only cares about it lasting through the warranty period. After that, they're more interested in selling you another car than keeping your current one alive.

Saying that Honda only wants the car to last through the warranty is about the dumbest assertion anyone could make. Is there any more reliable vehicle than a Honda? And one that has greater longevity?

I'm not sure you could've picked a worse brand to try and make that point.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
Most likely, yes. I would argue that Honda only cares about it lasting through the warranty period. After that, they're more interested in selling you another car than keeping your current one alive.

I would agree that Honda wants to sell you a new car asap. In fact they tried to persuade me to trade in my Ody at
Regardless, my point was that 95% at 29 um is fine if the oil is changed frequently and the air filter is in good shape. I think a more important issue is whether this budget filter actually filters 95% of the particulate >29 um, or the media tears or otherwise fails to perform as advertised.

I would use a Pure Zone for 5k OCI but would definitely choose a different filter for extended OCIs or otherwise harsh conditions. It likely works at least as well as the ones slacktide_bitog mentioned, and probably better than the basic filters installed at quickie lubes.

Last edited:
Yes the forum censors made up names for corporations and models of filters.

As the rules above state clearly. From what I have read here the banned acronym was untrue, so why keep writing falsehoods?

I'm locking this topic as it somehow became about Fram and Honda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back