Thailand/Laos for 3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been in Bangkok for a few days, between Thailand/Laos over here for 3-4 weeks. Interesting vehicles (and food) here, although I seen some of the same models in Mexico. Ford Everest, Toyota Fortrunner.. not sure what the Chevy 4dr suv model was but had the diesel. Granted I'm not driving over here and that might change my mind but it seems that America doesn't get anything decent. The vans, all the way from mini to large, seem to have more style.

Bangkok is interesting for a few days but dirty/smells and can wear you down. Forget personal space lol ..

IMG_1810.JPG

IMG_1811.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

I was in NKP ( Non Kon Phenon excuse the spelling), Northeast Thailand during the 1969-1970 time frame ,definitely was a different time that it is now , but very interesting place to see and Laos is just across the river.
TOMB

Originally Posted by Eric Smith
Been in Bangkok for a few days, between Thailand/Laos over here for 3-4 weeks. Interesting vehicles (and food) here,

Over there do they call it Thai food, or just, food?

NICE!!!

Anything you recommend to visit or see in Bangkok as a BITOG?

i'll be going to hong kong and then bangkok in November

Originally Posted by Convert
I was in NKP ( Non Kon Phenon excuse the spelling), Northeast Thailand during the 1969-1970 time frame ,definitely was a different time that it is now , but very interesting place to see and Laos is just across the river.
TOMB

Nakhon Phanom, aka "Naked Fanny."

The way that Hyundai van looks, cube-ish, makes me think they have some sort of Kei-car tax based upon sizing.

Originally Posted by atikovi

reminded me of this:

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Eric Smith
Been in Bangkok for a few days, between Thailand/Laos over here for 3-4 weeks. Interesting vehicles (and food) here,

They have such a variety of cultures but some are considered Thai food. But there's also Lao food which is sometimes the same or has little variation. Moo Ping I highly recommend .. pork on a stick. Varies from 15-20 Baht.. 30=$1. Also McDs KFC and Burger King has unique offerings over here.

Usually when I'm by myself I'll go to the restaurants.. food vendors will charge 10 extra baht or more. My wife though will stand around and listen to the prices and does a lot better. She speaks Lao/Thai and could pass as a local if I wasn't there. But they got to know her on the alley and had no issues.7 elevens are numerous here for other things.

754EE6AF-3BC3-4EF3-A045-6C4E32A960C8.jpeg

5D10D2AD-3B19-42A1-9C87-5798A09CA50A.jpeg

7A3C8618-C6D5-4643-8C8D-00070ABC14EA.jpeg

4FA1BE6A-213C-4530-8981-A8B21F35CD5A.jpeg

Originally Posted by bowlofturtle
NICE!!!

Anything you recommend to visit or see in Bangkok as a BITOG?

i'll be going to hong kong and then bangkok in November

Depends on what your into.. this is a huge city. We only did shopping so far since we couldn't go to the temples. MBK, there's three malls together Siam Discovery don't know the other two, Jatujak weekend market, terminal 21. Just how huge all of those are and how packed will shock a American since most of our malls are closing. All are bigger than Mall of America. Being good walking shoes and chair if you need to set.

When we get back we'll hit the reclining [censored] and Grand Palace and other temples. Also will do a river tour. We stayed on Sukhimvit Rd which made it easy to get on the BTS and go everywhere. Stay away from
Tuk Tuks and taxis as much as possible as they'll overcharge.

Love thailand. Worked offshorethere in 14 and 15, good times in Bangkok, phuket, songhkla and islands. Would love to move there if opportunity comes. Enjoy it

In Laos now.. somewhat the same but different models since they drive on the same size as the US. Don't want to take to many pics I'd like to leave.. a lot of small cars though Chery QQ, BYD.. a lot of Chinese. I'm starting understand why we don't want diesel.. when they smoke its obnoxious. And I've seen even newer ones smoke.

96C7EBEB-DC27-49D2-8B28-0E5F79A346CF.jpeg

5316463B-AC3C-45DA-842E-86C9189B8EE0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back