Pennzoil Platinum new front label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were designing a front label for PP sold at Wal-Mart I would start with a clear bottle and put "Now Tamper-Proof" on the label. It would sell like hot cakes.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dubber09
Kinda oxymoron - 'from natural gas - full synthetic"

Don't grab the swollen jug … it might have flipped back

Well I was at walmart today to buy oil.. and they were 100% out of PP 5w30 I need for the jeep.

however in another grade of oil they had a recent bottle (4-23-19 fill date) and it had the LEFT label on it.

So I'm not so sure the right label is the new one... the left one seems to be newer..

They also had an old silver jug of PP 10w30 from 2015 there but that is another story.

Originally Posted by kschachn
What synthetics aren't made from natural something?

Tell me what the feed stocks are for PAO?

Hydrocarbons but this will blow the minds and of some of the community.

None of these labeling decisions are made lightly. Tons of market research. Then meetings. Months of meetings. Then more market research. Then more meetings.

Imagine how both Shell & Mobil decided that gasoline truck owners were looking for their own oil. Because macho truck & SUV types don't want to share oil with a Prius or Hyundai. Even though most cars and trucks have been using the same oil. Now they will continue to use the same oil, with different labels. It's like all those brands of dry pasta & frozen vegetables being sold with different labels and different prices. We all know that a bag of frozen peas is the same, no matter which you buy or how much you pay.

Originally Posted by Rand
Well I was at walmart today to buy oil.. and they were 100% out of PP 5w30 I need for the jeep.

however in another grade of oil they had a recent bottle (4-23-19 fill date) and it had the LEFT label on it.

So I'm not so sure the right label is the new one... the left one seems to be newer..

They also had an old silver jug of PP 10w30 from 2015 there but that is another story.

The one on the right is the new one for sure. The one on the left has been out for over two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back