O Reilly motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by OnTheRocks
I just bought 5 quarts of O'Reilly full synthetic. Pretty good price with the coupon. If the coupons keep coming, I will keep buying. $22 oil becomes $12 oil.

If nothing else, this jug could be used to top off between oil changes. Just keep it in the back of car, along with other assorted "just in case" stuff.

I don't have a fancy car with a high performance engine. It's a Ford, which is not all that special.
Factory spec is synthetic blend. Just about any oil will do for me.

How does this myth still get spread? The spec is not synthetic blend it's API SN ISLAC GF-5. How the company reaches this spec it's up to them.

I have never kept oil in the back, side or front of the vehicle. Are such folks those without storage rooms or garages? Are you keeping all your tools in the trunk too?
Do some keep their top-off five quart jugs in their bedroom underwear drawer?

Some people don't have a garage. I have an apartment downtown. Parking is on the street, where ever I can find it. Yes, I do have a tool set in my car. I also have jack, jack stands, air compressor, and other extra fluid.... brake, transmission, washer, coolant.

Some people don't have a garage. I have an apartment downtown. Parking is on the street, where ever I can find it. Yes, I do have a tool set in my car. I also have jack, jack stands, air compressor, and other extra fluid.... brake, transmission, washer, coolant.

You do what it takes. Sounds like you have really cool trunk. You'll be ready if something goes wrong with your car while most people have all their stuff at home.

Some people have auto club memberships. They will wait for a service truck to change their tire, jump start their battery, et cetera. It's all personal preference. I don't want to be the guy on the side of the road, in the middle of the night, in the rain......for hours. It must be a real luxury to be located where you have property. I know that some people have big garages, barns, or something similar where they can park sheltered and do anything they want to their cars. Awesome for those guys who actually have a lift.

Originally Posted by dave1251
I just bought 5 quarts of O'Reilly full synthetic. Pretty good price with the coupon. If the coupons keep coming, I will keep buying. $22 oil becomes $12 oil.

If nothing else, this jug could be used to top off between oil changes. Just keep it in the back of car, along with other assorted "just in case" stuff.

I don't have a fancy car with a high performance engine. It's a Ford, which is not all that special.
Factory spec is synthetic blend. Just about any oil will do for me.

How does this myth still get spread? The spec is not synthetic blend it's API SN ISLAC GF-5. How the company reaches this spec it's up to them.

And the mystery continues 🤔🤔🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back