Is your tool chest/tool area well organized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Donald
So with all the tools neatly organized, what about wife or at-home kids borrowing/using the tools?

They have been taught and understand to put things back where they came from. I'll be gone for months at a time and everything is always right where I left it.

No, not at all. I never put much into organization; my mind is the same way.
Now a disadvantage, that I can't remember as much as when I was young.
I'm pretty sure I'd lose things forever if I bought boxes at this point and made everything look pretty.

I've been trying to organize things in my computer for years.
I still can't figure out how to do it where I can find the information when there's so many twists and turns to a task.
Finally, bought a heavy-duty search engine to help out.

Originally Posted by Donald
So with all the tools neatly organized, what about wife or at-home kids borrowing/using the tools?

Hah! My wife would never pick up a tool! Same for the kids.

Actually, she knows that if I can't find a particular tool I will just go buy a new one. She doesn't like when I buy extras, but I now have three lawn rakes and two shovels.

Last edited:
Very unorganized at the moment.

Some are at my parents, some are at my house in the garage, some are at my house in the barn's workshop, some are in my truck, some are in my Jeep. Etc.

A complete mess. I wound up leaving everything out on the floor after the last job as I got rained on and wanted the tools to dry out. I feel as if I need a third tool box so I can think about organizing them, just never enough drawers or space to organize things.

Originally Posted by Trav
All my tools are in their place.

As I expected, from this forum member.

Mine as well, though I suspect I don't have as many/as nice as Trav.
smile.gif

Yes … now if I could just get to them for all the stuff she piles up in front of them (for me to find a place for) …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back