PUP 5w20 SN+RC, 15, Dodge Journey, 7,950mi Interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

PUP has to be the worst planned and implemented oil out there. Literally no one knows what the point is and it's impossible to get anyway.

Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
Looks like the old SN formula in an SN+ labeled bottle...
No, he is showing the jug for the NEW fill, not the one in the UOA. Obviously, since the date of manufacture is Feb 2019.
The old UOA fill is not the SN+ version. His new fill is.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
No, he is showing the jug for the NEW fill, not the one in the UOA. Obviously, since the date of manufacture is Feb 2019.

Ahhh. Thanks for the correction!

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies

This would make for an interesting comparison if OP intends to do another uoa with the sn+ version.

Originally Posted by BLND1
PUP has to be the most mysteriously planned and implemented oil out there. Only those who've ever used it knows what the point is and it's extremely easy to get anyway off of Amazon and Walmart.com.

Fixed it for you. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's not good.

Originally Posted by BLND1
PUP has to be the worst planned and implemented oil out there. Literally no one knows what the point is and it's impossible to get anyway.

It would be better if they did a clearer job differentiating it from the rest of the Pennzoil line. That would help availability of the product, too. On the other side of the coin, if I want the product, I can get it. I've learned a long time ago to not rely on traditional retailers, particularly up here with their ludicrous pricing.

I did not have any problem ordering this exact oil in SN from walmart.com.
~ $25/5qt jug.

I will prolly circle back to PUP 5W20 when I feel like being a High Mileage oil guy.

Frankly, bitogers get too hung up on base oil composition IMV.
Besides, GTL is awfully close to PAO.

Does it meet the spec?
Viscosity ?
OCI ?
Price ?
#whatmatters.

It is no surprise that PUP yielded great results, OP.
Thanks for sharing your UOA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back