2014 Dodge Journey cooling question

The radiator on my 2014 Dodge Journey doesn't leak. There are no coolant leaks anywhere, and the car doesn't overheat. But, when I remove the cap after getting the engine up to operating temperature, no pressure is released. This has never been the case on any of my other cars. I honestly forgot if there had to be pressure. Bad cap?

How Ironic this thread shows up. Just serviced an older 2.4L Journey with about 78K on it the other day. The holding tank does not hold pressure, the metal radiator cap on top of the radiator SHOULD have pressure after getting warm. If no pressure most likely the cap is not holding the the correct (Up to 18 lb pressure). With low pressure in the cooling system, that will also cause the engine to run "warmer". Also look for things like "collapsed" hoses when the engine is cooling down because of vacuum lock (bad cap), and extreme coolant level changes in holding tank because the cap can't hold the pressure.

Just got rid of my 2014 Journey with the 2.4 (116,000 miles). 3 breakdowns in 4 months. The electronic throttle control went bad. Next week, it was a gasket being warped. Still having issues with the ETC like stalling, loss of power, etc. Decent little ride for point A to B, but, too much stress worrying if it would make it to the destination or not. Maybe the previous owner didn't take care of it, not sure.

Good luck with it! Decent room and good gas mileage for it.

Back