Chevron to buy Anadarko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up some nice sites...

With the acquisition, Chevron gets access to Anadarko's liquid natural gas operations in Mozambique. The combined company will also control a 75-mile-wide corridor across the Delaware Basin, just beside the Permian Basin, a region bountiful with natural gas that has been exploited through shale drilling.

Originally Posted by Chris142
I have some Anadarko shares. Don't pay much. Wonder if this will make it go up or down?

You should be watching their stock.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/chevron-anadarko-deal-things-to-know

The share price has jumped on the news. Depending on your buy in price, you may want to sell. If anything negative comes out from this deal I would expect Anadarko shares to collapse.

These kinds of situations are hard for small investors to grasp. The big boys know well ahead of time if and when to buy or dump.

Chevron on the other hand is a very steady stock. You might look into them (CVX). They also pay a good dividend.

Originally Posted by wemay
Picked up some nice sites...

With the acquisition, Chevron gets access to Anadarko's liquid natural gas operations in Mozambique. The combined company will also control a 75-mile-wide corridor across the Delaware Basin, just beside the Permian Basin, a region bountiful with natural gas that has been exploited through shale drilling.

Yep. I think this is a good deal for Chevron long term despite having to absorb Anadarko's debt.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Chris142
I have some Anadarko shares. Don't pay much. Wonder if this will make it go up or down?

You should be watching their stock.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/chevron-anadarko-deal-things-to-know

The share price has jumped on the news. Depending on your buy in price, you may want to sell. If anything negative comes out from this deal I would expect Anadarko shares to collapse.

These kinds of situations are hard for small investors to grasp. The big boys know well ahead of time if and when to buy or dump.

Chevron on the other hand is a very steady stock. You might look into them (CVX). They also pay a good dividend.
Naw. I get a check every month from them. I have gotten mail from companies trying to low ball me to sell.

If you wait until the deal is done, your Anadarko shares will likely be converted to CVX shares at a agreed price.

So again, it pays to keep tabs on this. We will see what happens. Every deal is different in its own way.

If you wait until the deal is done, your Anadarko shares will likely be converted to CVX shares at a agreed price.

So again, it pays to keep tabs on this. We will see what happens. Every deal is different in its own way.

Are APC share holders going to get CVX stock? I've held APC for a long time and would be happy to get more CVX out of the deal.

Originally Posted by demarpaint

Are APC share holders going to get CVX stock? I've held APC for a long time and would be happy to get more CVX out of the deal.

Yes. The amount won't be in stone quite yet but here is a CNBC article about the merger. The last paragraph will give you some idea.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/12/oil...nadarko-merger-fever-hits-oil-patch.html

So in essence you will get xx number of CVX shares for each share of Anadarko you own.

Yes. The amount won't be in stone quite yet but here is a CNBC article about the merger. The last paragraph will give you some idea.

So in essence you will get xx number of CVX shares for each share of Anadarko you own.

Thanks. It appears to be playing out the way I thought it would.

Thanks. It appears to be playing out the way I thought it would.

In the end I think you will be pleased. Chevron has acted very conservatively in many others opinions over the last number of years. They have a new CEO from a year or so ago if I remember correctly and he is making some changes.

Chevron has sat on its laurels for a long time. Their motor oil marketing seems almost non existent compared to the other brands. I think this is going to change and for the better. It's good to see.

I have a fund that has a decent chunk of CVX in it. It pays a wonderful dividend which I appreciate in my older years.

Interesting update here as Occidental with the help of Warren the Buffett upped the ante by putting in its own bid. The Buffett pledged $10 billion from Berkshire Hathaway to make the deal.

So what is the real reason for Occidental to make this play and why the Buffett is involved?

Probably a merger closer to equals that will work Ok for most employees รขโ‚ฌยฆ
Wonder if retirement packages are coming ?
Well, at least nobody needs to buy half the house in CA รขโ‚ฌยฆ LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back