iPhone repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do it yourself or have an independent do it for you, and Apple won't touch it for any reason unless you're willing to pay for a new screen in addition to whatever fee they have. Not even a battery replacement, although at a certain point one can only get a new device as part of the battery service. That being said, I've had mine replaced because I didn't think Apple's charge (in this case a full unit replacement for an iPad Mini) was worth it.

I used to participate on Apple's discussion board. I got in trouble with their mods for suggesting how to perform DIY repair - or at least what tool was needed to remove the cover off a notebook computer. And it was for something where Apple provided DIY instructions on how to take it off.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Wife bought the iPhone XR 128GB for $700 cash handing in her old iPhone SE 16GB($100) that was broken. She charmed the sales person into taking the trade as the glass and condition was perfect except for unresponsive screen with lines thru it.

She is happy with it as its her first upper end phone that takes pictures well and loves the large screen (our eyes are going bad).

As a older person I do appreciate the larger and more high resolution screens. Even though I have a iPhone 6, it was a huge improvement over the 4S I previously had.

I do everything with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back