RVers Check In!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious how many of us have a trailer, 5th wheel, or motor home. What do you have and/or looking to get? My modest little 2016 Shasta 18BH here.

AB68DD68-1F24-44ED-A2DA-C5538409BFF1.jpeg

Last edited:
[Linked Image]

2012 Passport 3220BHWE. 6280 Dry. 7230 on the scales loaded for 5 days of camping
I am 57 feet 10 inch overall when hitched up.
Towed with a 2002 2500HD 6.0/4L80E. Total setup scaled for 5 days of camping 14,100lbs, 1900 lbs under recommend combined weight of 16,000.
I like to stay 10 percent under advertised rating. I know lots of folks don't care.

We love RVing. We go just about every other week in the summer. (April to September)

Nothing modest about yours. As long as you are getting out there that is all the that matters!

Last edited:
My tt was totaled in the last snow storm. It was a 2005 but still looked new. Going out this weekend for the first trip in the new one.

The pics of the new one are before I dialed in the eqal_i_zer hitch.

20.jpeg

54.jpeg

41.jpeg

398.jpeg

394.jpeg

Originally Posted by spasm3
My tt was totaled in the last snow storm. It was a 2005 but still looked new. Going out this weekend for the first trip in the new one.

Sorry and congrats at the same time. Mallard is from the Heartland family, correct?

We've been to about 44 states in this trailer and Suburban. Lots of great memories. Our oldest is going to college next year so the bigger trips are probably over, we'll just stick closer to home. We spend 28-30 nights a year in it which probably won't change.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Pat in Speedway
Originally Posted by spasm3

Sorry and congrats at the same time. Mallard is from the Heartland family, correct?

Yes , Heartland. Its an m27 dry weight 5500.

Originally Posted by Cadenza
Our little Casita.
Full bath, kitchen, goes anywhere, tows like a dream with a 4Runner.
[Linked Image]

We had a hybrid jayco 23 before. But i have always thought those casitas were neat trailers. I bet the A/C really cools that thing ice cold! IIRC thats an all fiberglass body right? Whats the tongue weight 150lbs? you could tow that with almost anything.

Originally Posted by Pat in Speedway
Just curious how many of us have a trailer, 5th wheel, or motor home. What do you have and/or looking to get? My modest little 2016 Shasta 18BH here.

Our first trailer was a 16ft hybrid trail lite bantam. We loved it. But with dogs, and our son we outgrew it. Small trailers are quick to set up and fun for short trips. We had to pack carefully for week trips.

If you can back that short trailer, longer ones are easier.

We just upgraded from a pop-up. Picked up this Coachmen 21 footer last Fall. Tows pretty nicely with trailer brakes and weight distribution hitch on the Frontier. I forget the exact year. Mid 80's. The previous owners remodeled the interior to look similar to a 1960's diner.

newcamper1.JPG

newcamper2.JPG

newcamper3.JPG

Not technically an RV but we bought this conversion van for camping. Has a queen bed, tv, and a few other small creature comforts. Don't have any interior pics unfortunately. This is when we bought it, bit more cleaned up now
smile.gif
. Sat in this dirt lot for nearly 9 years but the 350 still purrs

imagejpeg_0.jpg

imagejpeg_2.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by fisher83
We just upgraded from a pop-up. Picked up this Coachmen 21 footer last Fall. Tows pretty nicely with trailer brakes and weight distribution hitch on the Frontier. I forget the exact year. Mid 80's. The previous owners remodeled the interior to look similar to a 1960's diner.

Have you weighed that trailer? I ask because I've been hot for a Pro-4X and have been looking at trucks and specs for a month. Towing capacity of a 2016 P4X is listed as 6100# and a 1985 21' Coachmen trailer is listed in NADA at 5780#. With supplies and some water you're probably over. Be careful.

Do you tow in hills? I ask because most guys towing with 4.0 Frontiers seem to think they start to work pretty hard in hills when the weight approaches 5000#. Thanks.

Originally Posted by WishIhadatruck
We've been to about 44 states in this trailer and Suburban. Lots of great memories. Our oldest is going to college next year so the bigger trips are probably over, we'll just stick closer to home. We spend 28-30 nights a year in it which probably won't change.

I've got the GMC version of your's, but in a 1/2 ton. Love those tow mirrors! Etrailer.com has an aftermarket version for around $375 I've had my eye on. I've got the kind you strap on to the doors and crank them tight. Would love to ditch those for something permanent.

E4E5641B-D3C1-4429-A87B-E1396D5A9C6C.jpeg

[Linked Image]

This is our latest, a 2019 Open Range UT2504BH. Previously a 2010 Funfunder X 189FDS and before that a Trail Lite Bantam Flyer F18 hybrid.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Haven't towed any real serious grades with it. Some hills but not big mountains or anything. I double checked the title and it's a 1982. I believe this one is closer to the 4,000 or 4,500 pound range but I have not had it on a scale to determine exact weight. The longest trip I've been on with it so far was from Rock Valley, IA to Omaha, NE which is mostly flat. We will most likely only be taking it on relatively shorter trips nearby. If we wind up liking camping enough to go more frequently we would probably upgrade to one of the newer lighter weight campers.

I have a 2009 Inferno toy hauler. Picked it up last summer for $10K. It's technically only a 19 footer, but it can sleep 6 people and can haul 2 full size ATVs or my 14 foot fishing boat on the trailer inside. Fully loaded with 2 ATVs, full 100 gallon fresh water tank, and 30 gallon fuel tank, it comes in right at 10,000 lbs. Towing it with a 2007 F-350 with the 6.0 PSD. Also hauling a 3rd ATV in the bed of the truck in this pic.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back