Generic wiper refills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was browsing Amazon and found some generic $10 wiper inserts for my Elantra. They are advertised for late-model RAV4's and Corolla's but are for the same skeleton design and size (16'' w/ 6mm claw & 26" w/8mm claw) as my car. OEM inserts are expensive and hard to source for some reason, and I wasn't too satisfied with their performance from the get-go. Besides some slight cutting differences at the ends, these are a direct fit and, unlike other generic inserts, have the correct locking tabs. They passed the washer fluid test on my driveway; we'll see how they do in actual rain. Here are some pics (old ones are on the bottom). They are a few MM longer than the OEMs, which is no biggie. I'll be happy if they last for 6 months. There's something satisfying about just replacing the inserts
smile.gif

IMG_20190328_132624153_BURST001 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20190328_132632016 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20190328_132713028 - Copy.jpg

I hope you have better luck than me...I bought a set of generic beam blades for my FXT for $17 on Amazon after getting tired of paying about $30 just for the 26" Bosch Icon.
They really suck, always leave a dirty patch on the windshield right in front of my eyes...I have tried cleaning them and looking for mold flash or anything else on the blade that would account for the poor cleaning, no improvement or sign of anything to be trimmed.
I might actually put the old Icon I saved back on the driver's side to see if it is more tolerable until I get around to ordering replacements...

I have had good service from Hella wiper blades. Much better than Bosch or WM blades.

Just ordered some Hella wipers from Rock Auto for three of my cars. Price was between $2.17 and $2.69 each. With graft, shipping and corruption 10 (front and rears) wiper blades cost total $36.39 or $3.63 average each.

Be sure and get shipping from the same RA warehouse when you order. To find all the sizes available of Hella wipers just do a look up in "part number search" on the RA website then pick Hella from the drop down box for "manufacturer" then pick wiper and washer from the "part group" then click search. All the length and types of Hella wiper blades available will display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back