Scored free 0w-20 semi synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received from a friend some free 0w-20 semi synthetic dexos oil. 5 qts will go to the father in law for his subaru it is the recommended grade he will do about a 5k oil change. I was thinking I might do a oil change on the gmc sierra 1500 4wd with it too. Its a 2008 with a 5.3l. That truck only has 35400 on it since I practically NEVER drive it. Like less than 2000 miles per year for the last 9 years. This would be its annual oil change. I could also possibly use it in the brand new 2018 ford explorer with the NA 3.5 but 5w20 is the recommendation for our climate, plus I would not have a receipt for the oil for my records. If I keep our 05 pontiac vibe with 120k I might just use it in there it does not burn any oil. The thinnest I have put in it is
2.5w25(estimated blend) at about 110k but it used zero qts of that at the time on a 4k oil change.
My friend said i could also get more of this oil in the future he has over 24 more quarts.
Help me decide!!
In the last 4 years I have moved to synthetic but only because I buy it for $2/qt or less.
But free is free and a good deal if it isn't garbage.

I know that 0W20 semi syn exist however, I have never seen any. I believe that GMs own Dexos is a semi but, I haven't ever seen it either. GOOD SCORE BTW!
laugh.gif

Dude, this is BITOG. You have GOT to say what brand of oil it is
02.gif

Truck 2000 per year? 2 year change
thumbsup2.gif

0w20 in the Explorer would be no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back