2016 Ford Fusion SE AWD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife is looking at a 2016 Fusion SE AWD with 30,000 miles. Was a personal leased car. Anyone driven or owned one of these? Any issues or good points about the car?

Transfer cases, electronic steering racks, lots of check engine light issues, 4 banger non turbos is their best engine V6 lots of oil leaks and coil issues the turbo's lots of check engine light issues and oil leaks.

AWD fusions are all 2.0 turbos.

Good: lots of power, great handling, modern infotainment system, comfortable seats IF you are not short, cheap for a used AWD car due to high depreciation, lot of well designed storage, Ford dealers everywhere.
Average: ride, reliability
Bad: Small cabin , mediocre fuel economy, somewhat expensive to repair (AWD,turbo). Normal maintenance is inexpensive from dealers.

If you can get it in the 12-13K range it is a pretty nice car. The higher trim versions are really nice, especially the titanium.

If you want an AWD car a Subaru Legacy is more reliable (2015+ models ride exceptionally well) but not as fast.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by NO2
AWD fusions are all 2.0 turbos.

Good: lots of power, great handling, modern infotainment system, comfortable seats IF you are not short, cheap for a used AWD car due to high depreciation, lot of well designed storage, Ford dealers everywhere.
Average: ride, reliability
Bad: Small cabin , mediocre fuel economy, somewhat expensive to repair (AWD,turbo). Normal maintenance is inexpensive from dealers.

If you can get it in the 12-13K range it is a pretty nice car. The higher trim versions are really nice, especially the titanium.

If you want an AWD car a Subaru Legacy is more reliable (2015+ models ride exceptionally well) but not as fast.

Honestly, pretty much what I was thinking...nice!

I had a '17 AWD SE. I can't speak to it's longevity (issues) -- as I had it for less than 1 year. It was a very nice, smooth ride on the highway. Torque and traction was nice from a dig. I've owned (2) 2.0 turbos, and (2) of the older 3.5 Duratecs. I'd prefer the older 3.5s to be honest. They had more HP, just as quick or quicker, easier to maintain, and MPGs weren't much less. Keep in mind that Ford's advertised HP figures are with 93 octane. The highest I could get around here was 91. They run fine on 87, but you'll notice a difference.

Timely post as there is one around the corner from me I am contemplating alongside a Subaru.

One question I'd have for the Fusion owners and drivers.

1) Comfort level? How have you found it for longer drives.
2) FWD v AWD. How big of a difference in good weather and bad?

^

1. Comfort level: The ride was very smooth -- one of the smoothest I've recently had. It does sit a little low - you have to step down into it -- but most cars are like that.

2. AWD will make a world of difference. I had the AWD Fusion, and a FWD MKC (same engine, almost identical weight) during the same time. The AWD Fusion was night-and-day better during any inclement weather -- including wet (rain).

Originally Posted by kkreit01
^

1. Comfort level: The ride was very smooth -- one of the smoothest I've recently had. It does sit a little low - you have to step down into it -- but most cars are like that.

2. AWD will make a world of difference. I had the AWD Fusion, and a FWD MKC (same engine, almost identical weight) during the same time. The AWD Fusion was night-and-day better during any inclement weather -- including wet (rain).

Thanks for your points on these. They echo what my friend has told me - they own two Fusions with AWD and one of the reasons it's now on my radar.

My sister has a 2017 Fusion SE FWD 2.5 with around 33K.....Solid car so far, I love the way it drives....Best part no Auto Stop Start.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back