Schaeffer’s 5w30 LT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevy Camaro SS

Schaeffer's 5w30 9000
WIX Filter
Car has 4000 miles when drained
Oil used 2000 miles / 5 months.

I felt it is good time to change them out since winter is pretty much over here.

Castrol 0w40 in now with Acdelco

0C3902C3-CF0F-4C58-85C5-929B6208816A.jpeg

This report is almost too good to be true, my wear metals aren't that low yet on my new LT1. I hope Blackstone hasn't made some sort of error here. GM engines always seem to shed a lot of wear metals for a while when new.

Originally Posted by Patman
This report is almost too good to be true, my wear metals aren't that low yet on my new LT1. I hope Blackstone hasn't made some sort of error here. GM engines always seem to shed a lot of wear metals for a while when new.

I understand. But i also drained factory filled at 500 and another one at 2000 miles. So this is third changed. Im now looking to do 4k OCI with Castrol and go from there.

I wonder why my LT1 shows higher wear numbers? I did my first change at 1100 miles and the second one at 3100 miles and my wear numbers on that second change were a bit higher than yours, and it was also a 2000 mile interval (engine had 1000 less total miles though)

These were my wear numbers for comparison:

Iron 23
Lead 1
Aluminum 3
Copper 14
Chromium 1
Nickel 0
Tin 1
Silver 0
Vanadium 0

Humm thats interesting. This time, i got this drain oil little later than other times i have done. i made a mistake and got this oil pretty much after... maybe little more than half drained(?)

It'll be interesting to see how both of our LT1s progress in terms of UOAs, there aren't many of us on here with this engine so I hope you continue to post them as you get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back