Hybrid HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't recommend the particular model the su650 is 85 for 960gb currently

Just pay for the SSD. Can always use it for something else in a few years if you junk the laptop.

Originally Posted by dogememe
That said, if you are willing to spend the money, an SSD is the best thing you'll ever buy. A 1TB WD Blue SSD is $127 on Amazon! I personally use at least one WD Blue SSD drive and have installed many in friends/family/client computers, and 0 failures. In fact, I've had 0 failures with name brand SSDs of all brands... WD, Intel, Crucial, Samsung, Kingston... I have experienced several failures with generic ones though!

The SanDisk Ultra line is identical to the WD Blue SSDs. I've got a 512 GB SanDisk Ultra 3D, where that capacity is a Best Buy exclusive. Spent about what a 1TB version might cost now, but I'm still happy with it. I'm thinking of maybe getting a bigger one and then buying another computer and dropping that old one in for my kid to use.

My advice is to get two separate HDD:

One for work SSD - setup windows here, programmes etc., 256GB is enough, but depends on what you exactly doing.. video rendering and post-processings require much memory I hear!
Second one HDD for saving photos/games/vids/documents etc., some kind of "memorial" data, something which you may use not so often. For me such way works good
wink.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back