Walmart near me replacing M1 with K&N

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Asked the employee doing the switch, he confirmed.

20190221_121650.jpg

20190221_121713.jpg

20190221_121709.jpg

20190221_122122.jpg

20190221_122128.jpg

20190221_122136.jpg

Last edited:
I like to inspect the oil filter before I buy. The last time I bought a M1 filter, I rejected the first one off the shelf due to glue threads on the base plate. I picked a clean one.

Originally Posted by wemay

Hey maybe they will discount those Mobil 1s on a different shelf like they do sometimes with some items. You could maybe get a sock pile for cheap!

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
No more plastic?

You know what, i didn't even catch that. You're right. The HP-1004 used to. I opened two boxes to see if they were all new stock and they are, but none had the plastic shrink-wrap on the base plate. Of the ones i looked at, all said Made in USA and had a really robust feel and weight to them.

I tried a K&N oil filter once and it seemed rock solid, but I actually had a little bit of oil leak from the hole through the nut (I assume to run a wire through??).
Once I read about the high bypass pressure specs for Subaru filters, I gave the K&N I had on the shelf to a buddy who liked them and bought a bunch of Tokyo Roki OEM filters on Amazon.

$12.73 for a K&N? Maybe a regional price thing. I bought the M1 cheaper than that by a buck or two. The Fram Ultra would be cheaper as well.

My only issue with the K&n filter is inability to give any effeicincy data. The responce i was given was "we dont have that information".

Originally Posted by Pinoak

Hey maybe they will discount those Mobil 1s on a different shelf like they do sometimes with some items. You could maybe get a sock pile for cheap!

I asked about that and the employee said they were being shipped out. Where? Who knows. He didn't.

The HP-1004 is $12. The comparable Fram XG is $9.63 and the Mobil1 was $9.97.

That stinks if my local Walmart's does that. I've been stocking up on the Mobil1 oil filters using their twice a year 4 filter total $5/each rebate when purchased with Mobil 1 oil, which I use. So a Mobil 1 oil filter costs me at worse $5/each at Walmart, the Motorcraft FL910S costs ~$4 at Walmart. The closest oil filter is the Fram XG for $9 at Walmart. Oh well, not the end of the world
grin2.gif

Whimsey

Originally Posted by Pinoak

I asked about that and the employee said they were being shipped out. Where? Who knows. He didn't.

The HP-1004 is $12. The comparable Fram XG is $9.63 and the Mobil1 was $9.97.

Remember the K&N increases horse power
Trolling.gif

Originally Posted by Purpfox
My only issue with the K&n filter is inability to give any effeicincy data. The responce i was given was "we dont have that information".

With a response like that they shouldn't be selling oil filters.
eek.gif

Probably RockAuto or people who sell old stock on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back