Million mile Lexus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a leaky pile of junk.....I'm not really impressed. I've seen Chevy Astros, Express vans, Ford E-series, And Big-3 Diesel Pickups with near that kind of mileage that work for a living. But as they aren't personally owned vehicle.....No internet/social media parade will be thrown
smile.gif

I didn't click on the link, Don't do Facebook!

This story I believe. The 3 million mile Volvo.......no.

The video where the guy drives it on the interstate and can't believe how well it drive is worth watching.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by clinebarger
If it's a leaky pile of junk.....I'm not really impressed. I've seen Chevy Astros, Express vans, Ford E-series, And Big-3 Diesel Pickups with near that kind of mileage that work for a living. But as they aren't personally owned vehicle.....No internet/social media parade will be thrown
smile.gif

I didn't click on the link, Don't do Facebook!

The link isn't to facebook.

A million miles on a sedan is pretty unique and cool. Too bad the transmission didn't make it all 1 million miles before needing rebuilt.

This reminds me of someone who takes a marathoners sneakers, patches them up a bit, and has a bunch of his friends wear them in the hope of getting publicity for 'his' athleticism.

The guys who drove the vehicle all the distance deserve to have at least some acknowledgement. I find it very telling that the theme of this car has been 'Me! Me! Me!' for nearly six years now.

Originally Posted by macarose
This reminds me of someone who takes a marathoners sneakers, patches them up a bit, and has a bunch of his friends wear them in the hope of getting publicity for 'his' athleticism.

The guys who drove the vehicle all the distance deserve to have at least some acknowledgement. I find it very telling that the theme of this car has been 'Me! Me! Me!' for nearly six years now.

I agree. This Matt Farah, whoever he is, owned the car at the late stages. It should be all about the car, not the guy that happened to own it for the last 100k.

Originally Posted by macarose

He's always been very open he's not doing most of the driving to get there, as where he lives is a traffic nightmare. The vehicle has been passed around a lot to various friends and other auto journalists, and worked on by various people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back