1 year on M1 EP 5w20 short tripping, 2012 Dodge Caliber 2.0L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used a M1 filter, didn't burn a drop. Car has 95,683 miles on it, oil had 5,683 on it. Car spent over 99% of the year being driven 10 miles or less one way.

B5C03873-627A-4091-A328-94E7405BA854.jpeg

M1 EP is for real. I like that one and their newer AP line too. A lot of PAO in there.
Your wear numbers look good. Your annual oil change is a good thing here. Fuel dilution didn't reduce viscosity enough to be concerned in this 5w20 application. If you use a Fram Ultra oil filter, they can go 20k miles or 2 years whichever comes first, so you could change the filter every other oil change time.
I've always thought Calibers were one of those underappreciated cars. A Caliber SRT is especially cool.

Last edited:
That's a stout SN Plus add-pack and stout PAO base in your MI-EP analysis.
Has it seen exclusive M-1 for those 95K, or a smorgasbord of oil brands?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
That's a stout SN Plus add-pack and stout PAO base in your MI-EP analysis.
Has it seen exclusive M-1 for those 95K, or a smorgasbord of oil brands?

Bought it in 2015 with about 75k on it. Last 2 oil changes have been M1 or M1-EP, I can't remember what I used the time before lol. Prior to that, I have no idea what previous service it's seen in its life

Thank you to everyone! Bittersweet moment, but the Caliber has been sold and will be going to my brother in law, but I'll still be doing the oil changes on it. I'll be doing some of both my Pentastar's from now on. 300 will be driven like the caliber has been, Gladys the 2018 Grand Caravan, who replaced the Caliber, is our new family hauler.

Going to do a UOA when the 300 hits about 20% on its OLM, and probably switch it to M1-EP as well after seeing this. 300 currently has Pennzoil Platinum in it.

Last edited:
Awesome results, thx for sharing!
I had a jug of M1 5w30 EP and couldn't find time to change it, after seeing this just stopped by the closest shop and poured it in
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back