Do your vehicles have a nickname?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many like to give their vehicles a name. Have you ever done so? Is it a he or she?

I haven't.

Last edited:
One car has name,grand marquis "couch" the rest just the generic van ,truck, jeep , little car. The qirls in my house don t have the passion for vehicles,turn key go,put gas in as they can afford.

The Dakota is Red.
The Ranger is Dad's Truck. Even though it's registered in my name, it will always be his truck.
The Sonata has no nickname
The Cobalt is Morpheus. Since it's a sedan version of the SS, it's a sleeper compared to the coupe - it came with a spoiler on the trunk but it's not the hideous, 2-level spoiler that came on the coupe. It's also a dark blue metallic. The wheels/tires and grille are a giveaway, but if someone doesn't know what they're looking at they'll just dismiss it as a Cobalt with an appearance package.

My grandpa originally bought my Jeep 12 years ago. It was his favorite vehicle he ever had in his life, and he called it the 'Jeepy' so I sorta carry that on.

The Camry has a more sophisticated French sounding name. It's trim level is a standard LE model, so it's name is Lé Camry.

Only my 1985 Rover 90 w/ a 2.5 diesel. Early the second day I had her, during a clod start my family quickly nicknamed her 'Stinky'......and it stuck.

Not usually, but the bmw is different.
I consider everything about it makes it a relic by today's standards. Including the way it drives, sounds etc.
As such, I've decided it's name should be "The model three".

Since my sons loved Transformers, I have given my vehicles nicknames based on color and looks.

Red Colorado was called Fireball
Blue Santa Fe is called Bulldog

Of the current cars only the G37 is named. She's fun and cool but always getting me into trouble and I'm reasonably sure she will be the death of me, so I named her Gretchan in homage to that chick from Donnie Darko.

Caravan is Buckbeak. Comes from the Harry Potter books, a proud magical creature, and if you insult it it defends its honor. So, it's a proud minivan - don't insult it! The kids think it's funny, at least.

Our previous cars have been nicknamed by their unsolvable or cost prohibitive mechanical problems (Knocky and Stally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back